Lunch Break

~Millie's POV~

After third period, me, Sadie and Finn got seated at our regular table where the boys were already sat. We sat down and started to chat. The boys looked at the boy next to me.

"Millie? Who is this boy?" Gaten asked me.

"His name is Finn Wolfhard and he just started today." I told them.

"Well. Welcome to high school." Gaten welcomed.

"Where did you live before here?" Noah asked.

"Elsewhere out of the city." Finn commented.

"How do you know Millie?" Caleb asks straight away.

"We use to be neighbours when we were 6/7 years old. Had to move because my dad got a new job elsewhere." Finn told them.

"Fascinating! Did you two ever do anything together?" Gaten asked and both him and the other two leaned in.

"Don't be disgusting. We were kids then. Innocent!" Finn looked to me and I looked back at him. "We're just friends."

"Trust me Millie. You won't be friends with him much longer. Have you seen him." Sadie whispered in my ear. I giggled and looked to Finn, losing my smile.

"It's nothing." Everyone kept asking Finn questions about himself and about me too. I couldn't wait till lunch finishes. I can get out of this hell hole.

-

Forth period arrived and my English was the same time as Sadie's, Noah's an Finn's. I sat next to Sadie and Finn sat next to Noah. It's better if Finn sits with the boys. They may become best friends. I couldn't believe he came back. And now he's all grown and becoming a man. I couldn't help but stare at him at the end of lesson. I was star struck. Now I can tell my parents I saw him again. I hope he lives near by. That's something to look forward too.

-

The bell rang and everyone was heading to their last lesson of the day. Mine was biology and I was with Gaten, Finn and Noah. Finn sat next to Gaten, whilst Noah sat next to me.

"Finn is a nice kid. What you waiting for?" He asks me.

"What do you mean?" I question.

"He's been your friend since you were little so why aren't you dating the guy?" He asks.

"Look, we're friends. I don't have no feelings for him what so ever." I told Noah.

"How would you know? You need to spend more time with him." I shake my head and think for a moment.

"If we have time this weekend. I will." I told Noah. Noah was happy and I knew he knew something and I wanted to know. I ignored him and focused on the lesson till end of class.

-

We all met up after school and Finn tagged along.

"So end of school. What do you guys wanna go before we go out separate ways?" Sadie asked us all.

"Should we go skinny dipping?" Noah asked. Everyone looked Noah's way. "What?"

"We don't have our swim suits and there's no way I'm going in naked." I told him.

"Then have your underwear on. Trust me it'll dry." Noah said. Gaten and Caleb agreed. Sadie looked to them  and agreed also. The only people left was Finn and I.

"Come on. Live a little." Sadie spoke to us. Finn and I exchange looks and look back and agreed.

"To the Cory." Everyone cheered and we walked over there. They were in front whilst me and Finn were behind and talking about old times. I missed him so much.

"We're here!" Sadie cheered. We looked at the water and everyone started stripping. Caleb jumped in with his underwear on and so did Gaten, Noah, Sadie and finally Finn. I stood there in my bra and knickers feeling self-conscious about my body. "Come on, Millie."

"Jump in!" Noah shouted along with Sadie.

"I'm can't." I say scared. Finn swarm over and climbed out. He walked over and held out his hand. I looked at his hand before looking up at his eyes. His gorgeous brown eyes.

"We'll go in together." He plastered a smile on his face. I have to trust him. He's my long time friend. I grabbed his hand and we both got to the edge and jumped in hands in hands. I rose to the top of the water and smiled over at Sadie and the guys.

"Holy shit!" Gaten spoke.

"Where's Finn?" Sadie asks. I look around and found out that he was gone. I suddenly felt someone under the water and suddenly I rose to the sky over the water and my legs wrapped round Finn's shoulders. I panicked and tried to get down.

"Finn..." I screamed "...get me down!"

"We're having fun." He said.

"I don't like heights." I freaked. Finn rose down and let me drop in the water. He rose away from me and shake his hair away from his face. He grinned at me and swam up to me. "You're such a..."

"Handsome devil! I know!" He jokes.

"Jerk!" I finished. He grins and stares at me. The others were too busy splashing one another. I just swam around with Finn.

"So how you been without me? Made more friends I see." Finn spoke.

"Yep. I've been fine. I'm glad you came back." I smiled. He moved closer to me and the gap between us was getting shorter by the minute. Suddenly we heard yelling and screaming. We turned and saw Sadie screaming at the boys as they kept splashing her. I swam up and protected her. Finn joined and splashed the boys playfully.

"Look at Finn protecting the girls." Gaten joked.

"I'll protect you in a minute." Finn said and tried catching Finn. I laughed along with the others. I couldn't ask for a better friend. the best moment I had was this one right here. My life is changing when he came back and it will always change.