Years Later...

Millie's POV.

I was 14 years old and I was in high school. I live with my mom, dad, Charlie and Ava. Ava was born when I was 8 years old. I had grown up a lot since I last saw my long friend. I remember him as I kept the scrapbook I made. I didn't look into it since I was 12. I kept to myself and befriended a girl with reddish hair named Sadie Sink. She had friends that also became my friends. Noah Schnapp was a laugh, Gaten Matarazzo was funny and had an amazing talent and last but not least, Caleb McLaughlin. He was different from us as we were all different coloured to him. It didn't bother me. I was happy to have this many friends. I was happy with my new best friend Sadie. We hung out a lot of summer and spring break. I would be allowed round to hers to sleep over and she would do the same at mine. I adore Sadie and she adores me to. She's like my sister.

-

School was starting and I was not so happy. I knew something was missing from my life. But I didn't once look upon it and cry once. Sadie knows who that person was and why they were special to me. I met up with Sadie at my locker.

"Hey!" Sadie said towards me. I Hey back and smiled.

"Where's your mates?" I question. Her mates meaning my mates too.

"The boys. They're outside." Sadie told me.

"What's outside?" I ask Sadie shutting my locker and walking with her to lesson.

"Fresh air. And they're meeting someone." Sadie told.

"Who?" I question.

"I have no clue." Sadie answers and we head to first period. Bell rang as usual and everyone went to class. I sat at my spot next to nobody. Sadie was away from me. We got seated in different seating orders. I hate that. I hated the lesson and the teacher. He was really horrible to me and the boys. He hated my gang because we talk to much and we're always together. What do you expect when we're friends. He's also stupid but thinks he's smart. He so isn't. Lesson was staring so we all focused towards him.

"Alright gang, today's lesson we have a super great one." I ignored his mumbling and sat beside no one the whole lesson. I can't wait for next period.

-

I rushed to my locker grabbed my books and headed to second period. I walked in and got seated. No one I know was in here. I sat back and played around in my bag. I picked out my notebook and drew inside. I was so bored.

"Alright people, settle down. We have a new student joining us today. He's from Canada and he's ready to learn like us. I look up and saw a curly haired boy with black-brown hair. He looks around the class and the teacher points to the seat next to me. I sit up as he walks over and sits down. I had a feeling I know him. I looked to him and tried figuring it out. Not a clue. I carried on as usual and sat next to some random student.

"Hello!" He says suddenly. I look and turn. He turns to me.

"You talking to me?" I question.

"Don't you recognise me?" He questions.

"I'm sorry!" I say. "I don't know you."

"I knew this would happen. It's me, Millie." He said my name.

"How do you know my name?" I question.

"It's me your old neighbour. Finn!" He says finally. Then it clicked. He was my old friend from around my street. I was taking back and focused on the work. "Millie!" The bell rang and I was in a rush to get out. I grabbed my stuff and left. Don't follow me please. "Millie!" I hear him call after me. I rush off trying to get away. I stop by my locker and try swapping my books as fast as I could. "Millie, please." He caught up. "What's wrong?"

"You! That's what's wrong?" I pointed angrily at him.

"What about me? I thought you would be happy to see me." He spoke.

"You never came to see me." I told him.

"I was in a different city Millie. My father was working and I couldn't get down. I'm sorry." He apologises. "But aren't you glad to see me." I look around and get people staring.

"Of course." I shut my locker and look up at him.

"You left this behind." He held up my pen that he left me before.

"Don't you recognise it?" I ask Finn.

"My pen!" He said. "How does it still work?" He questions.

"I never really used it much." I told him. "Till now!" I looked at him and wanted to hug him. But it would be weird. I haven't seen him in a while and he comes out of nowhere and shows up at my school.

"My mom moved back with me and Nick." Finn told me.

"What about your dad?" I asked.

"He's working away. My mom wanted to start fresh again. But this time I'm staying for good." I smile at Finn.

"Your still the cutest boy I met before." I commented out loud.

"Why thanks. Same to you as well." He spoke. "Your hair is short?" He asks.

"It's not that short. Beside I needed it cut." I told him.

"It looks good." He compliment. You look good.

"Millie!" I heard a female voice call me. She stood beside me and looked to Finn. "You new here?" She asks.

"Yeah." He answers. She nods and looks to me.

"You wanna sit with me at lunch?" Sadie asked. I peered at Finn and back at Sadie.

"As long as he can sit with us." I point him out.

"Of course." She answers.

"I'm Sadie!" She sticks her hand out and they shake.

"Finn!" He says. She stops and looks at him with squinting eyes.

"Wolfhard!" She spoke.

"Yeah! How do you know?" Sadie looked to me.

"This one. She told me about you. About the things you did together when you were younger." I slapped Sadie's arm playfully and hide my embarrassment.

"Really? She couldn't recall me when we was in second period." Sadie turned to me.

"It was a mistake, I forgot." I told her. Sadie, I and Finn head off to third period before lunch. Nothing is better than having your old neighbour round again. Life is getting sweeter again.