Late Night @ Sadie's

Millie's POV.

After I got home I made dinner before going to Sadie's. I grabbed a few things and set off round hers. I wanted things to go back to normal. But I feel like she's just playing me.

-

I ring their doorbell and after a few minutes of waiting, Sadie answers the door.

"Hey Mills! Come in." She let me inside and took me upstairs to her room.

"Where are your parents?" I ask her.

"They've gone out. I told them what we were up to and they left me to it." She smiled. I walked in and to my surprise no other girl. Or should I say the replacement of me. I didn't bother asking about her to Sadie as it may ruin my night.

"What you wanna do? We have popcorn, snacks to eat whilst watching a few romantic or horror films or we could prank call or play games." Sadie suggests. Prank calling is a lot of fun but it would only get me into bother. Playing games are nice but it gets boring only two of us. Maybe a film so that we don't have to talk and we can enjoy ourselves.

"Films." I suggest. She grabs a horror and places it in the DVD player. We sit back and make our space on her king size bed. I love her bed. It's so cosy and warm. I could literally fall asleep. We opened some snacks and dig in the popcorn.

-

After a while, Sadie switched DVD's and put on a romantic film. I stayed quiet and didn't speak until she said something.

"So...? You like anyone yet. A long last friend at all?" She hinted.

"No." I answer trying to watch the film.

"Come on. You've been spending more time with him than anyone else." Sadie pointed. I didn't want to chat to her about this. I didn't want to chat to anyone about this in fact.

"I'm not interested." I told her.

"Millie... I know you. You have something to tell but you're afraid I might tell someone. You can trust me, Mills. I'm your best friend since high school." Sadie spoke. I didn't want to tell her, but only I could think about was my replacement.

"I don't want to talk about it, just leave it." I tell her. We go back to watching and stay quiet all night. I can't wait to leave right now.

~

I got home and I was tired. I didn't tell Sadie anything and took myself to bed. It was half 10 already and mom and dad were up. I said hello and left them to watch tv. I went to bed and started changing.

My phone went off and I looked to see what was happening. I got a message of Finn. I opened the message and read it.

Hey Mills, wanna hang out tomorrow? I have something to tell you and it's really important. Meet me in the park where we use to go as kids. x -Finn

I texted him back.

Hey Finnie, sure. I'll be there at 10. See you then x -Millie

I put my phone to charge and went to bed. I climbed in and suddenly the door opened and Ava came through. It looked like she was crying.

"Ava! What's up?" I ask. She comes over to me and sits on my bed. I sit up and wait for her to tell me.

"I'm sorry for misbehaving. I love you Millie." She says. I smile and hug her. You can't stay mad at your siblings. They're there for life. You learn to love and forgive them when they do something nice back. Since Ava was 6, her apology was all I needed.

She climbed into bed and we snuggled up and fell asleep. I wish I someone to cuddle up to whenever I wanted. But I don't have that special someone. Unless...