Younger Us

Millie and Finn had been neighbours since their parents first moved in. Finn's parents shared a lot in common with Millie's parents and became besties buds. Finn and Millie are around 6/7 years old and would always hang out,' have sleepovers and play around. They were in the same school and always travelled to and From school together everyday. But a day had changed that all.

"Finn!" Finn's mother called.

"Yes!" A 7 year old Finn said politely.

"We have something to tell you and Nick. Come down." Finn was dreading this moment. He would always sneak and invade his parents privacy and hear their conversations. Finn joined his older brother and sat beside him. "I'm sorry to break this to you boys but..." Their mum looked at their father before continuing. "We have to move." Nick and Finn lost their voices and looked shocked at their parents.

"Wait! Why?" Finn asked standing up.

"Your dad has been offered a new position somewhere so we have to go and live with him there." His mom smiled at their dad as he kissed her palm.

"But... my life is here!" Nick argued.

"My friends are here!" Finn argued.

"I know that but we had no choice." Their mum says.

"But... Millie..."

"I know Finn. It's hard. We thought about it and even asked her parents if it was a good idea." Their mom spoke.

"We tried Finn. We really did. But I can't choice any other place to work and if I'm taking this job I'll have to have my family with me. I need you boys." Their dad spoke. Nick got up and left. Finn looked down disappointed.

"I'm sorry Finn." His mom sat up near him.

"I really wanted to spend time with Millie." Finn spoke.

"I know you do baby. But this is the best opinion for us right now." Finn looks to his mother before walking out and running next door to Millie. He knocked loads of times as Mrs Brown answered the door.

"Hello finn. I heard you was moving? Has your parents told you yet?" Mrs Brown chatted away.

"Yes. Is Millie there?" Mrs brown moved out the way and let Finn run in to find Millie. He ran into the kitchen to meet Mr Brown.

"Hey Finn!" He welcomed.

"Where's Millie?" Finn asked quickly.

"Upstairs in her room." Finn rushed off past Paige and Charlie. He rushed upstairs to Millie's room and saw her playing with her dolls.

"Millie!" Finn said loudly.

"Finn!" She dropped her dolls and hugged Finn. She was so happy to see Finn.

"Millie..." Finn started.

"I missed you." She said.

"I have to tell you something. It's important." Finn broke away from the hug. Millie looked confused at Finn. "My dad... we... we're moving." Finn stuttered. Millie expression went from confused to worry.

"What do you mean?" She asks.

"That means I won't be living next door anymore." Just then Millie breaks down into tears and starts hugging Finn. Finn holds in his tears and tries to comfort Millie. "I'm sorry." He apologises. This was going to be so hard to let go. Finn was already starting to get use to people and now he will be moving else where in a new house, in a new neighbourhood and new town. He wasn't ready for it. Not at all.