Chapter 4: Stormy Nights

Young Toby

I sniffed quietly as I shook in my bed. The thunder crashed down and light illuminated my room. I began to cry silently, tears slowly dripped down onto my bed sheets as I hid under the blankets. Suddenly I heard the doorknob turn.
"Toby?" Came a calm and familiar voice. I raised my head to look over and see my sister, her messy blonde hair and in her face, covering her hazel eyes. She slowly entered the room and looked at me, her gaze softened when she saw the tear stains. "Aww... Toby..." she looks to me with her kind face and placed a hand on my head, ruffling my hair. "Are you afraid of the rain?"
    "Y-yeah... L-Lyra?" I ticked a bit and looked at her.
    "Hm?" Her hand made its way to my cheek.
    "The rain is scary... I-I don't like it..." I said shivering. Lyra embraced me within her warm arms. I felt more at peace from her touch, until thunder boomed. My arms shot up to clutch onto my sister.
    "Shhh... it's okay Toby... I'm here..." she said calmly and softly. Her voice had a soft click to it when you speak quietly. It made me feel safe. I looked up at Lyra with a soft smile. "I'll stay here for as long as you need me, Toby."
    "Can you spend the night with me?" I asked.
    "Sure..." she then lied down on my bed and pulled the covers over me.
    "Yay..." I smiled and snuggled close to my sister, she felt like the only person who could protect me, and I wasn't about to let that person go.

Present Toby

    The thunder roared loudly and lightening illuminated the room. I jumped from the crashing and banging and looked to Masky who was already fast asleep. I curled up into a little ball, hoping that this could protect me from the storm. I feel so alone, even though Masky is here... I turned my gaze to look at the door, just hoping to see Lyra walk in, like she always did whenever storms approached where we lived. I felt tears appear in my eyes as the memories rushed back from when Lyra would always be there for me, I miss her so much. I began to sob quietly into my knees, hoping my prayers would be answered.
    "Toby? What's wrong?" Masky sat up from the bed and looked at me through his mask.
    "I-I'm Fine..." I said quietly, my voice breaking slightly.
    "Kid, I can tell you're lying to me." Masky then pulled off his mask to show his blue eyes. He places a warm hand on my freezing shoulder. His warmth... it's like Lyra's when she held me in her arms. "What's wrong?"
    "I-I... I..." how do I tell him I'm scared of something so childish? That I want my sister back. How do you tell someone all these things without making it sound like your an attention seeker?
    "We're proxies Toby, we are close as can be. We keep each other's secrets... I won't have anything against you if you're scared." Masky's voice was soft, and kind... like Lyra's. I looked at him with tears staining my face.
    "I hate stormy nights... they remind me of home." I sighed.
    "They remind you of home?" My partner asked curiously.
    "I remember... always being afraid of stormy nights, because I was always alone when they happened, that's when one person decided to answer the calls and cries... my sister... she was always there for me, holding me, protecting me, and telling me everything was gonna be alright. She always told me, 'no matter how loud the thunder cries out, no matter how bright the Lightning's bolts are. They cannot hurt you, Toby. I am here to protect you from the storm, and I will always protect you from it...' she'd always tell me things like that and I'd feel so safe around her. She'd have a certain warmth I feel only to the ones I love dearly... a warmth I want to feel again..." I looked at my knees then to Masky, who sat there.
"...wow... you remembered all of that word for word?" He gave me a kind, fatherly smile. He then wrapped his arms around me. "I know it's not the warmth you felt with your sister, but it's all I can offer." He said with his soft voice. I hugged back resting my head on his chest. I could hear his heartbeat.
"No, this is enough for me... you don't need to be Lyra for this... I feel safer now..." I closed my eyes and relaxed tried to relax until the thunder crashed again. I tended up and pushed myself further into Masky's chest.
"Hey, don't be afraid... it's just thunder... it can't hurt you... nothing can when I'm here..." He whispered in my ear.
"Right... it cant hurt me..." I felt myself drifting off a bit until everything faded from my mind.

Masky

I don't know what happened... but I guess Toby trusted me enough with this little memory of him and his sister... I would've never guessed he would trust me with such a thing.
I looked down at Toby who apparently fell asleep in my arms. He was snoring softly and his face was buried in my chest. I gave a soft smile and lied down holding him close to me. I closed my eyes and I began to drift off... until everything faded to black...

Toby's Dream

"Remember the plan, Rogers." Masky said to Toby as he looked up at the window. He began to climb all the way up. Toby stood there then looked at the entrance, waiting for Masky to come back, until a scream was heard. It was Masky who made the cry. Toby bolted into the building and headed up to the second floor to find Masky on the ground bleeding horribly.
"MASKY!" Toby ran over as soon as he could and held his partner in his arms. "Hey, Everything is gonna be okay... just hang in there!"
"Get out of here Toby!" Masky ordered. "You have to get out of here... leave me... I'll be okay..."
"WHAT?! NEVER!" Toby began to feel tears reach his eyes. "I can't leave you here!"
"Just do as I say! They're coming!"
"Who did this to you?!"
That's when a shot was heard. All that could be seen was blood splattering on the walls.

Hey! How are you guys! Sorry for the slow updating! I'm doing other things... and I got a birthday coming up soooooo... yeah. Anyway!

If you enjoy Creepypasta and want to be a part of my server for roleplay comment your discord ID! If you want to join my Creepypasta Voice Acting group, DM me on discord! Until next time friends!

Edit: lowkey, the most underrated chapter here. No one gave a damn about this one 😔 this was probably the only good chapter