We will adopt him

Start from the beginning

"We want him!" both Beth and I said in unision.

The man's lips lifted up in a huge grin. "Excellent!" he exclaimed.

"You won't regret taking him. He is vaccinated, well behaved and well trained," he added, maybe he was afraid that being fickle minded children we might change our minds. He had nothing to be afraid of.

After taking all of Cloud's belongings.

"Race you both to the car!" I announced and sprinted off. Beth was not far behind, followed by cloud whose ears were flying in the air. The three of us had huge smiles plastered on our face and laughter reverberated in the wind.

PRESENT

Cloud had instantly become family. Mom and dad doted on him while Beth and I loved him as a brother we never had. Uncle Aaron and aunt Rosa treated him as their own child. I had always wondered how after going through so much, he was still so full of life. Maybe because he was aware that his time was short and soon he was going to be free or maybe, just maybe he was determined enough to love life no matter what. No matter what it was we humans should learn something from him. 

I looked down at Cloud. I knew even he remembered that night. His loud barking and worried looks that he gave me that night were imprinted in my mind. Like him even I remembered everything.

I remembered the lewd comments and the smell of sweat. I remember my dad's worried voice on the phone. I remembered the dress I wore- it was black tank top hidden behind a red jacket, paired with black leggings. The black was perfect for morning, cause that day our happiness had died.

I could never forget the people in that party, who were too stoked to give a response. I could never in my entire life forget the look in that boy's eyes. It had no guilt or regret. He was so sure that he would get away. 

What I couldn't remember was the laughs of fate when he saw our state, I am sure he laughed raucously.

Thirteen year old Evellyn

******

Hello readers,

What did you think of this chapter, we have come halfway and another halfway to go! What do you think about Cloud? isn't he just adorable?

So before I bid adieu, as usual I have a reminder. Dogs or any pet are very precious. They are a life form, no matter how short or long their life span is. No one deserves to be treated cruelly or abused. We humans have law to protect us, they have no one. So please be kind, it won't harm anyone. Also if you plan to have a pet please take various factors into consideration (many times a lot of dogs die while flying, because they are scared). So all I have to say is be considerate and do your best to prevent animal abuse.

That being said. Thank you for reading. I am aware this chapter was shorter than usual.

Please do VOTE, COMMENT and SHARE. Add this book to your library or reading list to get updates. 

Spread Love,

Thedreamer64

P.S. This is the summary of my upcoming book 'The Pierced Heart':

Two people, two bullets, one intention.

42 assassination attempts: all dead.

Luca 'The Trigger' Cavellero was the boss of the deadliest mafia in America, the Chicago Outfit. He was ruthless, handsome, cruel and did I mention handsome? With a sharp-witted brain to match his equally sharp skills with a gun, it was no wonder he was the most feared mafia boss. It was no wonder he became a made man when he was 12 and it was definitely no wonder that all those assassins ended up dead.

40 targets: all dead.

Katherine 'Reaper' Morgan was the best assassin in the Chicago based turkish mafia. A lethal assassin with a beautiful face, Katherine was the literal personification of the phrase 'looks do kill'. When given the assignment to kill Luca, she was determined to have a different fate. She was definitely not going to be the 43rd name on the 'killed by Luca' list.

Numerous enemies: still alive.

These two have other enemies to worry about than each other. They might even have to work together so that they can live to see another day. Cause it is not the known enemies who are dangerous, it is the unknown ones.

In a world ridden with bullets and painted with blood. Where blood turns against blood and a weapon is more loyal than a human being. Among all the lust filled glances, the obedient nods, the fond smiles and jealous scowls, there are people waiting to stab you in the back.

Whose bullet would reach its mark? Who would live to see another dawn? What will be the outcome of this game of blood, betrayal, love, lust and revenge?

Brace yourself, shit is just about to hit the fan!