Chapter 2

Grayfia : What? You wasted a pawn on this dirty dog?

KLING

As I thought, Dante charged at Grayfia again, but I blocked him. I ram my hand inside his chest. Everyone watches in shock.

Sirzechs : That's what happens when you don't show people the respect they deserve. Sorry Dante...

I pull his knight piece out.

Sirzechs : I'm sorry for letting my sister treat you like that.

He looks at me in shock.

Dante : You... saved my life!

Sirzechs : Come on, that's a bit to much don't you think.

Rias : What do you think you're doing? He was my servant.

Sirzechs : As I said, that's what happens when you don't give people the respect they deserve. Dante is now free to do whatever he wants.

Dante : Liar!

Sirzechs : Excuse me?

Dante : You're just like her! You know that I can't leave Kuro so you made him your piece so you can get your hands on me!

I smirk.

Sirzechs : For your age you have suffered to much pain already. Of course, Kuro can join you on your adventures.

He looks at me in shock.

Dante : You're...not evil?

Sirzechs : Not really, although I'm Lucifer.

He smiles at me. I know what they talked about know. His father and his mother. That smile that can steal your heart immediately.

Kiba : What's going on here?

The rest of Rias peerage appears, besides Koneko who was there the whole time.

Rias : Dante tried to kill me!

Kiba : What?!

Akeno : Dante, is that true?

He stands up, looks at them and does something I didn't supposed him to do. He falls back to his knees, bows and apologized.

Dante : I'm sorry! I know what she means to you Kiba. She saved you and I tried to harm her. And Akeno, she is your best friend, I should have thought about that first. And Koneko... I'm so sorry for tacking out my anger on you!

Everybody is quiet. Then Koneko walks to him. Dante keeps his gaze to the ground. Koneko puts her hand on his shoulder and hands him a chocolate bar. He starts to smile and hugs her. Maybe he is really just misunderstood. Kuro walks to Koneko and licks her face. Koneko smiles.

Dante : Rias...

That will be interesting.

Dante : I'm sorry.

Nani?

Rias : You should be, you tried to kill me.

Dante : I did, not just now.

Grayfia : What do you mean?

He looks at me as if he asks if he's allowed to talk. I nod my head.

Dante : I wanted to become a stray devil.

He can't be serious can he?

Grayfia : Stray devils kill their masters. So you plotted an assassination against the heir of the Gremory house?

Dante : Aye.

Aye?

Dante : The truth is, I was always stronger than any single one of you.