2

"Hey cute girl" Ariana heard making her shut her locker door. "Yes" Ariana asks "you looked a little lost, I just thought I would see if you were okay" He says "thanks" Ariana rolls her eyes. "I'm Pete" he holds out his hand "I'm Ariana" Ariana gently shook it. "I've never seen you round are you new" Ariana asks "Ive been here about a month" he smiles.

"You had anything to eat" he asks and Ariana shakes her head "want to come eat with me" he asks "sure but only if we leave the school I hate eating in this place" Ariana says and he nods "of course as long as you know the way since I don't know much around here" he smiles politely.

Ariana smiles walking out the school gates. "Are we allowed to do this" he asks "yeah as long as we're back on time" she smiles looking up to him "I can do tell your new" she giggles "hey" he pouts.

Ariana takes him into a cafe and orders a sandwich and takes a seat. "So what brings you down here" Ariana asks "my mum got a offered a midwife at the hospital down the road so we moved." Pete smiles "a midwife that sounds good" Ariana smiles.

For the first time in years Ariana was happy to be in someone company other than Zoe's.

"You live here your whole life". Pete asks "well I have but not in the same house. I have moved twice." Ariana says "you have any siblings" he asks. "No, just me and my mum" Ariana smiles.

"Neither. My dads moving down in a few weeks" he smiles "you and your dad close" Ariana asks "we are. I'm also close with my mum but because of her job she sometimes does nights but I don't mind it's what she wants to do" he smiles.

"We best head back" Ariana says putting her rubbish into the bin. "We should" he says standing up and waiting for Ariana to collect her stuff.

"Maybe we could hang out some time after school somedays" Pete suggests "yeah maybe" Ariana pouts "you don't want too" he asks "no no I do. I just have a busy life that's all" She pouts "oh no worries I understand" he rubs her back making her body relax.

A feeling she had never experienced. A feeling she would never let float away. "You okay there" he chuckles at her dreamy grins "I'm fine" she chuckles

****
"Mummy" Ava smiles running through the house and into her arms "hi my princess" Ariana picks her up and holds her. "I missed you so much today princess" Ariana smiles kissing her cheek. "I didn't miss you" Ava giggles "did you not" Ariana gasps "well if you didn't miss me what fun things did you do then" Ariana asks sitting down on the sofa with her.

"Well Nonna took me to the pond and we fed the duckies. Oh and then we went to the park and I went down the slide all on my own mummy. Then we came home and I painted and made mummy a picture but Nonna said it had to dry so I can't show you yet" Ava rambles with a smile on her face. "Well seems like you had a great day and my big girl for going down that slide" Ariana kisses her head.

"So mummy what did you do today" Ava asks "it wasn't as exciting as yours" She giggles "well I went to school and I had a little talk with one of my old best friends. Then just had lunch with someone and came home to you" Ariana chuckles "did you have lunch with a boy" she asks "have you been spying on me" Ariana asks "we saw you" Joan says.

"You did" Ariana asks and Joan nods "she wanted to come and say hello but I wouldn't let her because of who you were with" Joan says "well I'm glad you didn't since he doesn't know about her"
Ariana kisses Ava's cheek.

"Come on why don't we go and have some girly time together" Ariana suggests and Ava nods