Venom

Niang stood by the door motionless, eye to eye with her husband's youngest adviser. The room loomed with tension while crippling silence descended upon them. The hardened expression on Li He's face told her, he's tensed, nervous, and perhaps frightened of her. Niang could be quite sure of herself, dominant - and most of all - she knew how to be seductive and pursue what she wanted. She made sure she's dressed seductive enough underneath the plain robe draped over her shoulders.

A venomous smile curled upon her lips.

"Loosen up." Niang purred and stalked easy steps inviting herself deeper inside the room.

Li He loosened a breath he had no idea he was holding.

"What can I do for you, mistress Niang? Concubine Hui and I were not having anything but an innocent meal together."

"Oh, is that so?" Niang took the chair Hui was sitting on and pushed her unfinished plate away. "Are you sure it's not a date?" Her luxurious gaze drifted to Li He, beginning from his crotch slowly rising to his strong chest, finishing to his handsome face.

Li He swallowed the lump on his throat, flushed with heat. It grew hot in the room suddenly. He was like a mouse trapped by a cat with nowhere to go.

"I could assure you, it's not what you think. Lord Hooney left me to take care of her during his absence." His voice couldn't stress enough the innocence of the situation.

"Must be nice for her. Hooney didn't bother leaving me to someone else's care during his absence." She sighed mocking sadness. "I would appreciate a strong man looking after me while my husband is away."

"There are numerous guards posted all over the manor. They'll keep you safe." Li He murmured.

"We both know that's not what I meant." She purred, undraping the robe from her smooth shoulders, leaning her elbows on the table.

"I'm a married man, mistress Niang." Said Li He quietly.

"Do you think I care about your marriage?" She moaned.

Apparently not. Li He thought.

Niang rose, sliding over the chair, she stalked closer to Li He who didn't move an inch where he stood. "I'm no fool Li He." She purred. "I could tell when a man cares for a woman, and from the protective way you spoke to her, I could tell you care for that measly little girl." She laughed seductively, making it to the other side of the table. Niang pressed her body on Li He. Her stomach on his, her chest on his, and forced him back all the way to the wall. Her legs slid, pressed in between his, letting the swarm of her heat devour him entirely.

Niang raised her leg and rubbed it on his crotch. "I can assure you, I'm much more of a woman than she is."

Li He allowed her dominance, leaving his thoughts in shamble. "Please, I have a wife back home, I wish to remain faithful to her. And please, don't suggest anything sexual between me and concubine Hui." He grimaced. "You have no idea how that makes my skin crawl."

"You're too modest. I know you care for her. I know your secrets Li He." She purred, her red lips hovered over his ear, so close that he felt the hot veil of her breath wet on his ear. "Imagine the very respectable adviser to the Eighth-prince, your father. How he fathered an illegitimate child with his slave." She paused to relish the shock on his face before continuing. "And your family sold that little girl to further slavery to another family, poor Hui." Niang clucked her tongue and shook her head with disgust. "You people are disgusting, you should all burn in hell for what you did. There's so much dirt I could unearth about your family if I dig deep enough. Imagine all that damage I can implicate to you and your father's reputation." She pulled back and made sure Li He met her conniving eyes. "I told you, I could destroy your career without batting an eye...and imagine that baby inside her belly, how much danger that baby is in right now."

"You wouldn't dare!"

"All that we can prevent if you allow yourself to be my puppet." Her plump lips hovered so close by Li He's mouth, he could taste the poison in her breath.

"There'll be more wrath to suffer if you were to kill Lord Hooney's child."

"Hooney can't touch me, we married because of our fathers' political alliances. There's not a thing he could do. I could have your sweet little sister killed and walk away without as much as a slap on my wrist, and Hooney would still be married to me. I'm sure you haven't forgotten how our little world revolves, adviser Li He. Everyone is a devil's advocate."

Li He granted her a spiteful glance, shedding all his nobility, and all his preservation. He pulled Niang close to him, out of option with what else to do. "All the lives you'll destroy because of your ego."

"Oh, you have no idea how well I can play this game." She murmured, claiming his precious lips.