V

When you left that night, you drove far away, not knowing where you're going to head. All you knew as your tears fell is that you really needed to move on. There's no question about that—no 'buts', 'if's' and no more excuses.

You have to condition every part of yourself to forget about Jimin, to remove every piece of him that remained etched and engraved on your skin down to your bones and to let him go because there's nothing you can do now. It's truly over—he's engaged with his one, true love.

Silver lining. These two words were significant to you because when you were losing hope, when you were further sinking into the inviting darkness, a part of you had also acknowledged the sadness. If you didn't then you wouldn't be where you are right now, you wouldn't find the happiness you deserved. You motivated yourself that you will move forward, you will set him free, let the love you felt for him go and let the pain naturally fade as time heals you.

It was yourself that you should thank because if it weren't for your patience and strength, you wouldn't come to find your silver lining, and with that saying, you want to add the word 'dark'—every dark cloud has a silver lining.

With the pain you felt last year and the fresh one you felt after seeing Jimin and her, your world was only a void of darkness, convinced that light couldn't filter in. The bright lustre at the end of the tunnel seemed so far away, non-existent even, but with your newly conditioned mentality that you will come out stronger and that you will find it in you to love yourself again, that radiance turned out to be there inside.

With every dark cloud, there's a rainbow behind it. With every difficult situation, there is hope. Better things will come, you said to yourself. Better things did come but the right phrase should be this—a better person had entered your life.

Through your darkest times where you were at your worst, he'd proven to be a huge fixture and he stayed which made you realize that he embodied hope, he was one of the colours of the rainbow, if not all of them. Jungkook was one of the silver linings waiting behind the cloud.

It's funny how everything is connected. Whenever you looked back at everything, you could connect the dots. There you were—an undergraduate so hung up on one guy during the start who you didn't know had a girlfriend while Jimin liked you before she entered the picture.

The universe had given you your time with him and during those times, the bliss that you thought would be permanent turned out to be temporary, a short-lived and transitory feeling of happiness because he'll always choose her which is why Jimin is with her now. When you try to connect everything, you shouldn't stop because you didn't see that Jungkook is also a dot that was linked to you.

All along the way, he'd loved you from a distance. He'd always been there by the sides, had seen you at your best and your worst and still, he'd choose you in a heartbeat without any hesitations, like with the click of fingers, your name would be the one escaping his lips if someone asked him what is the meaning of love.

Jungkook chose to stay even with the knowledge that you couldn't requite the love he felt back then because you were in love with someone else. Being in the same friend group, he knows you and had engaged in small talks with you when there were opportunities at night outs or dinners but that was it—Jungkook never told you how he felt and as you reflect on your times during university and look back on it in hindsight, you were pretty sure then that he wasn't interested in dating. You concluded with Irene when you analysed your guy friends together that Jungkook had put his media degree as his top priority rather than love.

What you didn't know was that he had come to love and adore every single thing about you, often smiling in front of his computer desk as he looks at the pictures he'd taken of the group during the times you all met up, his gaze fixated on your cheerful expression like his eyes are a camera finding its focus because for him, you are the center point, the only clear thing in his vision and everyone else beside you would become blurred.