Siren's Lament - Ian

(A/N)
This was written on August 25th 2018, Siren's Lament was currently on chapter 122 "Season 2 Ep. 110 - Kindred Heart" so this likely messes with the current story that you have read.

This was requested by @nu_emily_nd hope you like it!

I've spent years as a siren, alone, forgotten. I don't regret my decision, at least I don't think I would have. I sit by myself in my little, above ground cove. A small place where I started my new life, my only companions were a journal and some photos, full of him.

He was the reason I was a siren. He was my wonderful boyfriend, but due to a misunderstanding he thought I was cheating. He had gone through so much, and it seemed that the incident had pushed him too far. I saw him turn, and I lost him. According to the journal at least.

I've only ever known him as "him". However through the slightly water damaged pages of the note book, it felt as if I could still remember everything about him.

Every day I look for him, and today wasn't going to be any different. Hiding my journal and photos, (which I had the idea to laminate before turning into a siren) I grabbed a tiny plastic bag. I always carry a photo of us, my favourite one being on the beach with him kissing my cheek.

The water always felt so nice after a long night in the cave, almost like it was welcoming me back. The sun was rising, the golden shimmer breaking into the ocean almost distracted me from a green heart light. I refused to turn human before I find him, but there was always a chance that he would notice the glow.

Cautiously I swam towards a patch of seaweed, two male sirens were talking. One was really freaky with glowing black and blue eyes, he quickly noticed me and finished what he was saying. Leaving only the green hearted siren alone.

"Um, excuse me." I blurted a bit too loudly, "are you alright? That guy was kinda creepy and... well you... kinda have a human heart." I finished as I continued to cautiously make my way to him.

The guy looked confused and hurt. Scanning me over to see if I was a threat, to which I did the same to him.

"I'm just confused." Hurt filled his eyes, "I don't know what to do." He openly admitted.

"I was like that for a while too. But my past self gave me a goal, do you remember anything? You know, before becoming a siren?" I felt my hand squeeze around the photo

He nodded, "People I knew and loved are helping me. I think." I smiled at him.

I didn't want to push him into telling me everything, he seemed to be dealing with way too much.

"I guess we both had someone we loved." I smiled sadly, looking into the photo of him and I.

"You know Ian?" He quickly asked, pointing at him in the photo.

"Yes! Do you?! Ah, this is- can you take me to him?" I basically screamed, catching him off guard and likely scaring him a bit. I could barely hear him say 'yes' over my heartbeat pounding in my ears.

It took little to no time at all to get to my little cave, and even less to grab everything and put it in a waterproof bag.

"I'm (Y/N) by the way." I said as I jumped back into the water.

"I'm Shon." He said as we swam off. This was it, I was finally going to meet him again!

My mind flooded with all my broken up memories, ones I had glimpses of whenever I would read my journal. His smile, his eyes, his hair, his-