Chapter 20: Just 'Friends', My Ass

The rest of the night had gone by pretty quickly once Beca had managed to rile Chloe up any way that she could. Beca had walked away with two awards herself, but ten awards total between all her artists.

Jesse and Beca had a deal. Beca had to at least show up to two after-parties after every major event for at least 30 minutes. It was their rule. Usually, Beca was counting down the minutes to be able to leave. But tonight, Beca was actually happy and she actually had reason to celebrate.

Beca had been pulled in a million different directions following the show and hadn't seen Chloe or the others since they'd gotten to the party on the roof of the MGM.

She had changed into a navy dress and was posing with all of her artists that had won awards. She glanced over to Chloe who was dancing with Amy with drink in hand. Beca's face actually hurt from smiling so much.

She couldn't help but watch Chloe move on the dance floor. Fluid. Effortless. She'd forgotten how much she missed just watching her move, seeing her smile.

Beca's eyes kept trailing the length of Chloe as she stood talking to a bunch of stuffy producers Jesse had pulled her into. Beca's head just wasn't in the conversation. Beca jumped a little at the voice speaking directly to her bringing her back to the conversation.

"Congrats on the wins tonight, Beca. I'm coming for you next year though, can't have you winning 'Producer of the Year' three years in a row," Pharrell said pulling her aside with a polite shove. Out of all the people Beca had met in the industry, he without a doubt had to be one of the nicest and most talented people she had come across.

"We will just see about that! I've got some big things coming up…" Beca said shoving him back with a wink.

"Dope performance man… I seriously don't know how you get these ideas in your head for these mash-ups. It's sick and Clarkson man… she's a tough act to beat! Definitely the performance of the night," Pharrell added as he acted like he was bowing down.

"Would you knock that off, you act like I'm Beyoncé or something," Beca grinned as a comfortable silence was in the air. "See that redhead?" Beca pointed across the room to Chloe doing shots with Cynthia Rose and Amy.

"The one attempting to keep up with that troublesome duo? Someone better tell that girl that's a challenge she's gonna lose," Pharrell said as Chloe slammed the drink down and looked around the room for Beca. When Chloe locked in, she realized Beca had been referring to her when she saw Beca blush slightly. Chloe had been keeping eyes on Beca all night, she didn't want to take Beca away from everyone that needed her attention, but Chloe had missed her.

"Oh, she can hold her own against those two for sure. But without her, those mash-ups wouldn't be nearly as good as what they are, I owe her everything," Beca said as she watched Chloe approach confidently.

"I've finally met your muse," Pharrell said happily.

"My muse?" Beca questioned.

"We all have one, I just never thought I'd know what or who elusive Beca Mitchell's muse was," Pharrell winked.

"Who's your muse?" Chloe said interrupting the conversation.

"That would be you, my dear," Pharrell said reaching to kiss Chloe's hand dramatically.

"I'm your muse, huh?" Chloe questioned with the most adorable laugh Beca had ever heard.