Chapter 9: Weakness

"Shit…. Shit…." Chloe said as she rounded the last street corner to the bridal store.

They had decided to walk, well, more like run in Chloe's case, since it was only four blocks from the café.

"Chloe, slow down! It's not going to make us any earlier." Beca said panting as she tried to keep up with Chloe's pace. She'd never taken that Bellas cardio tip seriously.

"I'm the maid of honor… and I'm late… and it's AUBREY." Chloe said panicked as she opened the door to the bridal store.

"Jesus Christ!" Aubrey yelled at the brunette and redhead who finally came through the doors "I've called you literally fifteen times Chloe… where in the hell have you been? We are in a crisis situation!"

"I'm sorry, Bree. Beca and I got held up at the restaurant…" Chloe said dropping her purse on the couch and walking over to Aubrey who looked ready to stress vomit at any moment.

Beca took a moment to survey the room. The group of bridesmaids was certainly eclectic. Fat Amy was sprawled out face down on the couch mumbling something about the soft cushions. Stacie was eyeing herself in the long mirror with a very form-fitting, totally not wedding appropriate, dress as Cynthia Rose checked her out from behind. And Lily stood talking to Jess about tactics of how she would be able to set the building on fire as Jess looked on terrified. The whole thing was like a scene from Bridesmaids, not that Beca would ever admit to seeing it, but Chloe had forced herself into her dorm room around midnight one night and said they "had to watch it because the crazy girl in it has a striking resemblance to Amy." Beca couldn't help but think this was only the beginning of the crazy next four months.

"I told you 3:00 Chloe! Shit! Now we are behind schedule… You're my maid of honor for God's sake! This better not be how the next few months will be-" Aubrey said being cut off as she held her mouth, choking back the vomit attempting to escape.

Beca had had enough of Aubrey's rudeness towards Chloe. She knew that they were best friends, but it was something that always bothered Beca. Chloe wasn't a pushover by any means, but when it came to Aubrey she tended to let the blonde get away with a lot, way more than Beca did. So, Beca surprised herself when she pushed herself off the wall in the bridal store and stood in front of Chloe, latching onto her wrist to let her know she was there, protecting her in a sense. Not that Chloe needed it, but she just couldn't help herself… "Hey – Aubrey. This wasn't Chloe's fault, this was totally on me, you know how the paparazzi can be. Why don't you go try on your first dress?"

"You're right. You're right. Sorry, Chloe. You just know how I am with my schedule." Aubrey said removing her hand from her mouth and taking a deep breath.

"I know, come on. Let's get you in some dresses." Chloe said stepping in front of Beca and spinning Aubrey towards the dressing room "and you guys – start picking out bridesmaids dresses." Chloe said demanding with her finger to the girls as they headed towards the dressing room.

Chloe spun back around quickly to confront a retreating Beca latching onto her elbow quickly, "Hey, thank you for doing that, Beca. I should've used quick thinking like that to get her to calm down."

"It's no problem, Chlo. I'm used to her freakouts, I try to talk her down from the ledge" Beca said with a shrug "go on, she needs you."

Chloe nodded to Beca with that piercing smile, the one that made Beca feel like mush, and followed Aubrey into the dressing room.