Chapter Two: Skyscrapers

ابدأ من البداية

That was the worst of all. Word had spread quick and a couple guys that followed him to the hallway on his way to the principal's office had already caught on. They called him Penis Parker as if they always had.

Hot tears rolled down his face. He couldn't take it anymore. He knew the name had already stuck.

Peter glimpsed some broken glass on the skyscraper. He picked up a piece and examined it. He hadn't cut in a long time.

   Thankfully, his spider-man healing abilities healed any visible scars. But he promised May he wouldn't cut again.

   Plus, he didn't have much reason to after getting a binder, testosterone, and a legal name and gender marker change. But still, he wasn't complete.

Peter didn't want to bother May. He knew he'd have to wait for top surgery. He knew he'd have to wait even longer for bottom surgery.

   May was on board with top surgery, and currently putting extra change towards saving up for it. Bottom surgery on the other hand... well, it would take some convincing that he'd turn out okay and a lot of his own money to get that.

All the slurs whirled around in his head. His "incompleteness" bothered him so much. He didn't know why he did it, but he slid the glass shard across his wrist. He forgot how much the pain "helped." So he began to cut.

After a while, the emotional pain was getting too extreme. Peter was pissed. He was done. Done with Flash, done with this stupid body, done with stupid promises, with Spider-"Man", done with life.

Peter considered cutting his arm from the wrist to his elbow, but he thought better of it.

That would take too long. It would be painful. It would be quicker to end it all if I just jumped...

Peter stood up. He looked down. Cars sped by, lit by the lights on the otherwise dark street. He took a deep breath.

   I just can't do it anymore. I'm done trying... I'm sorry May... I'm sorry I'll be gone... I'm sorry Ned, and MJ... please forgive me... I tried so hard for too long.. and I can't do it anymore... I'm sorry...

And with that, Peter typed three words.

I love you.

He sent it to Ned, MJ, and May.

MJ might be weirded out. Ned confused. May saying it back.

   But then he thought of Mr. Stark. He couldn't just drop from the earth and the avengers... what could he even say? He didn't want to bother the busy guy.
I'm sorry, Mr. Stark. Ask May later.

He hated it to be that way, but Tony would have to ask May about Peter's broken body at the bottom of a building later. After he was dead.

With one final breath of the city air, Peter jumped. And this time, he didn't shoot a single web.

Peter was falling. Falling fast. He started screaming, terrified. He realized that he didn't want to die. He just wanted his pain to stop. I've made a horrible mistake.

Peter tried shooting a web towards the top of the building, fumbling with his gadget. He had a weak hold. Damn, why didn't I refill this thing?

The tether snapped, and Peter continued screaming and plummeting to his death, arms flailing.
——————————————————-
MEANWHILE, AT STARK TOWERS:

Tony spent much of his time at Stark Towers. Whatever time he didn't spend there was usually at the Avengers' Mansion.

Right now, he was in his garage in his towers, fixing the metal suit he was wearing from recent minor damage, sipping coffee to stay awake.

Ding.

"F.R.I.D.A.Y., who the hell is texting me at 1:39 A.M. on a Thursday?" Tony asked. (Not that it would've woken him up, as he spent every night falling asleep in his garage, either because the caffeine stops working or by drinking excessive alcohol).

"Mr. Peter Parker, sir," she replied.

"Peter? It's a school night, dammit."

Tony looked down at his phone and read:

I'm sorry Mr. Stark. Ask May later.

Tony just stared at the message. What could that even mean? I'm sorry? For what? And ask May about what?

"Mr. Stark, KAREN has informed me that Mr. Parker is bleeding out from his left arm and is now falling rapidly from a skyscraper."

Tony leaped up from his chair. "What?!" He screamed.

"Mr. Par-," the AI started.

"Get me there ASAP! Tell KAREN to deploy parachute," Tony yelled at the top of his lungs.

"Yes, sir," she said, while the suit finished fitting to Tony. He immediately blasted out of the tower towards Peter at full speed.
——————————————————
"Sir, I have located Mr. Parker. You can see him in his suit there." A ring encircled a body-shaped mass on the screen in front of Tony's face. "Should I read his vitals?" F.R.I.D.A.Y. asked.

"Yes," Tony said breathlessly, the beat of his heart hammering against the echoing insides of the suit. He shot towards the boy and stopped mid air, catching him in his arms with a clanking sound.

(Credit: @ anna

(Credit: @ anna.pellizzari | Instagram)

Peter's eyes were closed.

"Mr. Parker is unconscious from blood loss and a concussion. He has sustained reasonably minor rib damage and major bruising. That catch of yours, sir, has only made the damage worse. I suggest medical care immediately."

"Yeah," Tony breathed, already bringing him back to the MedLab in his towers.