Chapter 16: So Long Without You

Start from the beginning

And how the grace with which she walked into your life

Will stay with you in your steps,

And pace with you a while

So long, so long

"No, Beca, you bailed. You bailed on me, you LEFT me!" Chloe choked out, not bothering to hold back anymore.

"Here we go, what we've been waiting for," Amy said pushing back from the table and cracking her knuckles.

"I know…" Beca said sadly. She was biting the inside of her cheek to keep the tears from rushing out. "Great idea, Aubrey. Thanks for making me stay," Beca said sarcastically pushing up from the table as she threw her napkin on her plat.

"You two need to fix this!" Aubrey yelled to Beca's retreating form. "This is ridiculous!"

"Look at that, Beca leaving again…" Chloe said cynically as Beca walked over to the box. Chloe couldn't even help the words falling from her mouth, so much pent up frustration and the words were just falling out as she trailed hot on Beca's heels.

Amy and the others sneakily tried following them to the entryway to watch the scene unfold.

"HERE!" Beca said shoving the box to Chloe.

"Wha-What is this?" Chloe said taking the box.

"It's-It's for you, it's everything," Beca hesitated biting her lip.

"What?" Chloe said confused, her tone was losing its edge and she was returning to the Chloe that Beca knew. Her softness was returning.

"You think I fucking bailed on you, Chloe? There hasn't been a moment that I haven't thought about that night and how it was the worst fucking decision of my life!" Beca said.

Chloe stood silent glancing down at the box in her arms but wasn't able to speak.

"Take the box, Chloe. I know it doesn't change anything, but at least now you'll know," Beca smirked sadly. It wasn't the smirk Chloe loved, it was way too solemn. "You'll know everything."

Words escaped Chloe.

There Beca Mitchell went again.

Making her heart flutter when she should be pissed.

Making her anger dissipate.

Making her… feel….

Feel like the missing puzzle pieces in her life were melding together.

I'll leave my room open till sunrise for you

I'll keep my eyes patiently focused on you

Where are you now I can hear footsteps I'm dreaming

And if you will, keep me from waking to believe this

Beca leaned in softly to wipe the tears rushing down Chloe's face. She hated that the redhead was crying. "You don't deserve this, Chloe and I'm so sorry…" Beca choked leaning in to briefly brush her lips to Chloe's cheek. Beca let her arm trail the softness of the hoodie before removing her arm completely.