Chapter 4: Never Shall You Ever

Leighton's family woke up extra early to open the gifts underneath the tree. She loved everything she got, as usual, especially her Pennyboard. It was all over Tumblr and even her favorite Youtube beauty gurus had one. There was only an hour left before they had to go to church, so she bundled up and took it out for a spin.

        The weather was bearable, not too cold and no wind chill. She loved the feel of her hair billowing in the breeze as she rode down a hill. Omg I HAVE to tell Darren I got this! She stopped in the side of the road and pulled out her phone to take a Snapchat.

        He answered within seconds. "Nice!" it said, "Now we can go boarding together sometime!" She was smiling like crazy. God, we're gonna be such a cute couple! AHH! They kept going back and forth, sending each other pictures of themselves on their boards. It was nearly 9:40 by the time Leighton realized it was time for her to go home and get ready for church. Afterwards, they had to go straight to a party with all her family friends, minus Darren's family. "Gotta go get ready for church and a party!" she said in her Snapchat.

        "Ooo who's party?"

        "Auntie Mary's!" Oh boy, should I have said that? He's going to be really sad that his family wasn't invited now. She opened the door to her house and the sweet smell of apple pie surrounded her. Her mom always made her famous apple pie every Christmas and she would always get the first slice.

        "Leigh! Get ready! We're going to be late!" her mom said. "Your father and I will be in the car! Please bring the whipped cream with you when you come out so we can bring it to the party!"

        "Alrighty!" she responded. Mmm pie and whipped cream, my fave. I wonder what else is going to be there. All she did know was that Darren wouldn't be there. She frowned a little at the thought of her being all alone on Christmas night and the same with him. We could've kissed underneath the mistletoe. She went into her room and got out the red sweater she bought specifically for the party that night and paired it with some sheer black tights and black shorts. Eh, it's what everyone is wearing these days. She slipped on her black booties, grabbed the whipped cream, and headed out towards the car. That night, someone was going to make the naughty list.

_______________________________________________________________________________

        "SWEEEEET!" Ander yelled as he ripped open his new shin guards; they wrapped around his entire leg, giving him the ultimate protection from injury. Hopefully I make varsity next year.

        "OH MY GOD THIS IS SOOO CUTE! I LOVE IT MOM!" his sister screamed when she pulled out the new pair of Michael Kors boots from their box. "You guys are seriously the best!" She ran over to her parents and gave them the biggest hug she could give them. Girls and their shoes. Ander chuckled. Girls. I wonder how Leigh's Christmas is going. I should probably greet her Merry Christmas right now. He got up from his spot near the Christmas tree and ran up to his room to grab his phone. Still no messages. He sighed. God, she's supposed to be my best friend and she hasn't texted me once this entire break! He threw his phone onto his bed, completely forgetting the reason why he got his phone in the first place. He went back downstairs to his family, even Simba, his golden retriever, was enjoying his Christmas gifts that they had gotten him.

        "Everything alright, sweetie?" Ander looked up at his mom and dad. His sister looked a little concerned, too. 

        "Yeah," he answered, "definitely. Just thinking about all the work I have to get done before break ends. My chemistry teacher gave us a take home test that's due the day we get back and I understand nothing in that class." Nice save.