It Just Likes Me

Começar do início

Of course, some days would go differently, and the two wouldn't leave each other's side for the entire day.

⌗ ⌗ ⌗

The day soon arrived, the day they would be leaving for Hogwarts.

The twins were thrilled, and couldn't sleep the night before, so they ended up playing a few games from the wizarding world that they had never tried before.

After they had gotten dressed and all packed up, Iris was sorting through her trunk, trying to remember where she had put a book she wanted to read on the train.

Buttercup was, as usual, snoozing on her pillow.

There was a loud train passing just outside their window, which was a view into London. Iris heard the sound of Harry walking behind her.

She turned to watch as Harry turned to look at his pile of schoolbooks. He was studying the growling tome labelled The Monster Book of Monsters and gave the belt holding it shut, a tug.

Instantly, the book leapt to the floor, pages flying, the book cover snapping.

Harry stumbled backwards and jumped on top of his bed as the book went chomping underneath.

Iris remained standing on the floor in shock as Harry turned upside down, hanging over the edge of his bed to look at the book.

They seemed to have a very odd staring contest, boy versus book, before the book went at him, front cover snapping up and down.

Iris bent down lower and held her arms out toward the book, cooing at it. She realized how weird it must look but ignored that as she slowly got close enough to snatch up the book into her arms.

She started petting the book and it instantly calmed down in her arms.

"How!?" Harry asked, astounded.

"It just likes me."

⌗ ⌗ ⌗

A few minutes later, the twins left their room to head down for breakfast.

They didn't make it far out of their room when something small and fast dashed by Harry's feet.

Looking, they spied a rather ragged-looking rat, which Iris recognized as Scabbers, Ron's rat, being pursued by a decidedly ugly orange cat.

Exchanging a look with Harry, they moved down the stairs and started hearing voices come from below.

"I'm warning you, Hermione! Keep that bloody beast of yours away from Scabbers or I'll turn it into a tea cosy," a voice Iris recognised said.

"He's a cat, Ronald! What do you expect? It's in his nature," Iris' best friend defended.

As Iris and Harry reached the bottom, they found Ron Weasley protectively cradling Scabbers, while Hermione Granger did her best to restrain a hissing cat.

"A cat! Is that what they told you? Looks more like a pig with hair if you ask me," he stated.

"That's rich coming from the owner of that smelly old shoe brush," she shot back.

"It's all right, Crookshanks. You just ignore the mean little boy..."

Then, Ron spotted Harry and Iris in the room and both he and Hermione turned.

Hermione smiled and said, "Iris!"

At the same moment, Ron said, "Harry!"

⌗ ⌗ ⌗