Gold is good -11-

Start from the beginning

What was I missing? He told me after we kissed in the art room that he couldn't stand not talking to me. So what had changed?

After class ended, I started off towards the library for my free period. On the way there I started to rethink what I was going to do. If I went to library now, I would see Cameron. I did want to see him, but I knew he didn't want to see me today. He was probably going to avoid me as much as possible for the rest of the year. I needed to tell Noel I couldn't do this anymore, I needed to tell him to stop encouraging me to pursue something that would never happen.

I stopped walking towards the library and turned and started off in the direction of the bathrooms. I didn't want to be caught in the hallway texting, getting in trouble wasn't my thing.

After I locked my self in one of the stalls, I pulled out my phone to text Noel. When I turned it on, I saw I already had a text from him.

I KNOW WHAT YOU'RE THINKING DON'T GIVE UP.

I nearly dropped my phone. When I saw the time on the text, I began to question life. He had sent this three minutes ago. How was he so in sync with me?

I'm trying not to.

I waited for him to respond. It didn't take him that long.

You will not chicken out of this, Seb. You haven't dated in so long.

I sighed. He had a point.

He told me that we needed to stop talking. I think I should leave it at this.

I stared at the crack in the floor as I waited. Then my phone buzzed again.

You'll never know how things could've turned out unless you try. Go big, do something big and extravagant. Go crazy, you're a teenager. Do something wild for me Seb, you always seem so logical. Don't be logical for once, be fun. NOW STOP TEXTING AND GET YOUR ASS BACK TO CLASS.

I snorted. Noel was crazy. Really crazy. But through all of that, he did have a point. It had been a while since I seriously dated anyone... I knew why that was and I had a lot of reasons to not repeat what happened. But God, it felt like I hadn't done anything wild for... I didn't know how long. This time had to be one of the craziest of my life.

Maybe Noel was right. What was the harm in pushing this a little? I just had to figure out what I was going to do.

I stuffed my phone in my pocket and left the stall. I decided since I was going to do this, I could go to the library and look for him.

After a short walk, I was in the library, being embraced by the dusty book smell. I poked through several shelves and walked past study tables before realizing he wasn't here. Sighing, I sat down at a table and pulled out my bag to study since after all, I was in the library.

I went over some vocabulary terms for about fifteen minutes. Then I closed my book and I was about to switch textbooks, when my vision was taken from me. "Guess who?" A sultry voice whispered in my ear. I sighed. It was her. I grasped her fingertips gently and peeled her fingers from my face.

I rotated slightly in my chair so I could see her. She was clad in a flowy green dress and a shiny red smirk. "Hi, Cindy." I said warily.

"Hi, Sebastian." She said, her smirk intensifying in size as she twirled a strand of hair around her finger. She blew a bubble with her gum then snapped it back in her mouth at an alarming rate. It reminded me of a snapping turtle. "Naomi and I are throwing a party tonight and we were wondering if you'd wanna come." Were these people just always throwing parties? Did they not have parents or homework?