Chapter 29 - Kisses and Calls

Start from the beginning

His kiss was slow and gentle, providing her with a sense of security, as if his presence protected her from all the harm in the world. Butterflies erupted throughout her body and in that moment all that mattered to her was Chan. Her mind cleared of all the things she so desperately wanted him to tell her, all her worries evaporated at the mere touch of his lips on hers. His hands found their way to her cheeks, cupping them gently as he deepened the kiss. 

He pulled away, creating a small distance between their lips before revealing his dimpled smile. She noticed that whenever he smiled wholeheartedly his eyes formed crescent moons, making him seem so pure and adorable. "I like when you smile." She commented shyly, a blush forming on her cheeks. She wasn't used to Chan being so caring towards her but she wanted to take advantage of his current state. Truthfully, Na Ri was scared. The boy sitting next to her seemed like a very distant version of the boy she first met but she wanted to do her best to make him see what she saw when she looked at him. 

He quickly pecked her lips twice before sitting up straight and clearing his throat. His eyes darted to the floor and she noted the way his smile faltered, turning to a troublesome frown instead of the smile she loved so much.

"I need to be honest." He said sadly. Na Ri felt her heart drop at the sudden change in the atmosphere. "We don't have to do this now. We can just enjoy right now, Chan." Na Ri didn't mean to sound desperate but her tone made it obvious, causing an ache in Chan's chest. 

He didn't want to ruin the moment they shared but Chan carried a weight on his shoulders that he needed to unload. He didn't originally plan on telling her the entire truth on why he forgave her so easily but seeing her smiling face arose his guilty conscience. 

"Just listen." He tucked a strand of hair behind her ear as she eyed him warily, just waiting to hear something that could possibly change everything. Na Ri didn't know what to expect but it can't be something good, judging by Chan's serious expression. 

"You're probably wondering why I let go of what happened in the cafeteria so easily, right?" He paused, watching as she nodded slowly before continuing. "Well, I didn't lie. I am trying to change for myself and my future but there's more. Just, please don't hate me. You're all I really have, Na Ri." Chan hung his head low, nervous of looking up and seeing an angry expression on her face, or worse, disappointment. The thing with anger is that over time it wears off, with time it fades away and is overcome or converts to a different emotion such as hurt but disappointment, that sticks with people. People never forget those that betray them or those who let them down. 

"Just tell me already!" She folded her arms across her chest, growing impatient as the anxiety of what would leave his mouth escalated. "I was using you too and before you get all mad please remember that you did use me too! I don't expect you to be totally fine about it, in fact, scream and yell at me, that's the least I deserve. Tell me you hate me and that I'm a horrible person but please, just don't leave me!" He looked at her with pleading eyes, silently begging her to reassure him. 

"Elaborate." She ran a hand through her hair, a habit she did when stressed or worried. Chan sighed before pinching the bridge of his nose, wishing that he had never brought the topic up. "I saw that you and Bo Ra were friendly and at the time that was a big advantage to me. You also seemed to have Jungsoo on your side and I knew that if I ever wanted to get anywhere near finding the truth you were my only option. Before I really got the chance to find anything out I realised it wasn't about that anymore. Truthfully, I became more worried about you not following me around. I didn't know you became someone that mattered to me until you stopped talking to me after Dongwoo's party when I yelled at you." He admitted, feeling slightly embarrassed to be confessing his hidden thoughts. 

Chan slowly raised his head to look at her, terrified of being faced with an angered Na Ri but was pleasantly surprised when she moved closer to him and pressed her lips on his. 

She pulled back with a smile and ruffled his curly hair that was slowly drying. "Let's forget about our original intentions, alright? All that matters is us now. We will find out the truth together, Chan. I'll be here when you need me, I promise." Na Ri held out her picky finger which was soon met by his wrapping around it tightly. 

Chan advanced towards her, preparing to kiss her once more but suddenly her phone rang, breaking the pair apart. Chan could see by the wide eyed expression on her face that this wasn't going to be a good call. 

"Hi, Dad!" She greeted warmly into the device but Chan could tell she was putting it on. Her face paled and just like she had previously done, ran one hand through her hair as she looked down at her lap. 

She nodded and shot up off the bed, quickly shutting her school bag and adjusting it on her back. "I'll be right there!" She assured while hanging up and stuffing the phone into her pocket. 

"I need to go! I'm really sorry but my dad said it's important that I get home right now and he sounds really pissed." Na Ri said as she turned to him. Chan opened his mouth to ask her if she was okay but before the words could leave his mouth she was already out the door and halfway down the hallway.

He listened as the front door opened then shut, signalling her departure. Chan sighed but out of happiness for once. He smiled wide, choosing to ignore the nagging feeling that something was horribly wrong. Chan flung himself backwards so he was spread out on the bed with nothing but the thought of her. 

"What are you doing to me, Kim Na Ri?"

________________________________

Next chapter will contain shit so weyhey for that! 

So we got a damn fandom name at last so this is my first time saying it here but HELLO MY FELLOW STAY! 

STRAY KIDS COMEBACK IS SO SOON AND YOU CAN BET YOUR BUTTS IMMA BE GLUED TO ALL MY DEVICES TRYING TO FIND A DECENT AUDIO STREAM FOR THE UNVEIL SHOWCASE!

Thank you for 30K, my precious little babies. I love you all so much like wow. PS, ya girl is looking forward to ending this fanfic just to see your reactions lol.