Chapter 8: My Brother

Cain

The air was awkward as all of Messiah's boys and girls sat in one room, awaiting his arrival. There wasn't a sound made. No one knew why they were here. For all they know, Messiah is out to kill one of them for being bad for business.

Queen sat at the other end of the long table just watching me. She was as confused as me as to why Messiah needed all of his soldiers here in one room. It was over sixty people in this room. Not to mention he needed them to be in the damn warehouse, while money wasn't being made on the streets.

One boy, Dee from the Towers, raised his hand to speak.

"Fuck you want Dee?" Queen asked. She sounded tired of being here as well as I. We've been waiting on this nigga for well over an hour. He's not answering phone calls or texts.

"Is Messiah mad at us?" He asked. All the workers turned to Queen and I. I sat there looking at Queen to see if she know anything.

"Should he be? If you was on your fucking job he wouldn't have to call a fucking meeting," Queen said.

"I did what you asked of me. I know his schedule by hard," Dee said. I looked at Queen confused. She had the look of shock on her face.

"Good. Just lay low," she told him.

"What about our profit? The West side is taking over while we sitting back in some Towers," Red said. Red was a youngster from the Heights. The Heights is like the projects, but the buildings are abandoned as well. He runs the boys over there for Messiah. Messiah trusts Red enough to give Red his own duty.

"Tell Me-"

"I understand, Red," Messiah walked in with mom and took a seat at the head chair.

Mom?

Why the fuck is she here? All she's going to do is interfere with business. The room went quiet as he sat there with this pissed off look. Queen looked down at me and I just shrugged. Who knows why this nigga is mad? Who knows why ma had to come along?

"What's good?" I spoke. His gaze moved to me as he showed me an unreadable expression.

"Business is doing better than it ever has. But there is one problem. There is a nigga is Baltimore that is making more than me, working off of corners. How the fuck does a nigga that work off corners make more than me? How does that sound Bird?" Messiah turned his gaze to Bird, who sat there like a brick wall. He didn't flinch by Messiah's sudden attention towards him.

"I say we take some of the Towers and Heights to the streets. These crack feigns not gone bypass a corner to get to the Towers," Lil Birdie was making more sense than a grown man. Only problem is the police.

"And who the fuck gone bail your ass out when 5'0 catch you slipping?" I asked. He looked at me, but didn't say anything. "You niggas need to be smarter than that."

"What you think Red? How my business gone elevate?" Messiah looked down the table to Red. Red rubbed his hands together as if he had a master plan. Red barely could say his ABCs. I know the nigga can't think of how to make money elevate.

"We already got the good shit. We can switch the caps on the top of them and make it seem new. Feigns feel that new shit," he said.

Messiah looked at me with a raised eyebrow. Queen laughed a little. That's the smartest thing we have ever heard Red say. I guess that GED program is paying off.

"Why are we watching another man's money anyway? I say we just make our shit and be less obvious, unlike them. Police are not on our ass. Why make them be?" Queen asked.