thirty - four ; wrinkles and saggy breasts

Start from the beginning

Surprisingly, it didn't take as long as i imagined to get ready. I brushed through the folds of my dress, admiring my appearance and taking pride in my achievement.

At the sound of my father calling my name, I tucked in the last pin in my hair and hurried down.

With my things in hand and my other on the railing of the staircase, I looked down at my dashing father who was fixing his tie

With my things in hand and my other on the railing of the staircase, I looked down at my dashing father who was fixing his tie. Before he could notice me, I decided to take in how different he looked.

His tux definitely made him devilishly handsome, and he cleaned up his hair quite nicely. However, the getup didn't change the fact that his eyes were incredibly tired. It hurt seeing him in this situation, and it hurt even more that he can't find the strength to confide in his own daughter what was eating him alive.

"Oh wow," he sighed, gazing at me on the last step. "You look just like your mother."

I gulped at that last sentence in attempt to shut it out.

"You look beautiful, and we should get going."

I nodded, strapping in my only pair of heels and flailing my wand and several other objects.

"Here you go," my father pipes up from behind me. I turn around to see a beautiful silver purse. "I know you hate them, but it's about time you actually got one."

"Father," I started, but he interrupted me.

"It's my pleasure, I couldn't have let you brought your school bag to a dinner, could I?"

I scoffed, "Honestly, I was thinking about it."

He groaned, but gave the first hint of a smile I'd seen in weeks. I placed my hand along his extended arm, bracing myself for the thrill of disapparition.

***

If my father wasn't holding onto me, I would've fallen face first into the Greengrass driveway before even entering the house.