six ; party time

Alana's POV

Waking up in silence was a first.

The unfamiliar fabric which clutched around me slowly dripped to the floor; creating a faint thump. It definitely wasn't a blanket as I noticed its jacket-like form.

Taking it in my hands, I twisted the clothing in search for evidence of whom it might belong to. My eyes travel to the stitched initials along the collar with the letters; DM.

It reminded me of how my mother labeled her clothes in organization so she would know which is hers after laundry days. She began doing this with my underwear once I was 6.

Finally realizing the appearance of the coat I whipped it away from my grasp as it landed too closely to the fireplace. "Shit," I murmured, pinching Draco's piece of clothing from the bursting flames.

I left it to lay on the ground as I collected my pillow and smoothed out the scrunched up couch.

Two voices sounded from the portrait and I reluctantly snap up my head. Draco and Marcus entered with arrogant grins plastered across their cheeks and I roll my eyes at the sight. With the pillow still in hand, I turn to retrieve his jacket before tossing it at him.

"Thanks," I exhaustedly salute at the boy before leaving the two in the common room.

________________________________________

How?

How was it already the night of the masquerade ball, I would never know.

I brushed out the creases along my dress as Celeste gasps in awe from behind my distracted figure. "That dress is beautiful." She comments, coming up from behind me as the mirror reflects her face peeking above my shoulder.

I couldn't deny, that it in fact was. A simple blue with ruffles along the bottom; the skirt extended at the back and ending at my thighs from in front. Although gorgeous, quite hard to put on.

I turned to face Celeste, a thankful smile etched my face. "Not so bad yourself, Pace."

"Guys, we shouldn't be doing this!" Marion messed around with her pastel mask, slipping it across her eyes. "I mean, isn't the purpose of a masquerade - not being able to know who we are?"

"Oh Marion," I slung my arm along her shoulder. "It would've been impossible anyways. We can't exactly spread each other throughout the school and dress in private."

"We could've tried," she shrugged.

Celeste grinned at the girl, before embracing her in a protective embrace. "You're too precious for this world." She exasperated sarcastically.

Marion's eyes bulged in fright as Celeste began rocking her. "Okay, I think we should go now." I laughed at the scene as I slipped on the white flats.

Celeste peeled herself off Marion as she handed me my mask. "Good thing about this, is that we dance with someone gross we won't know it's them. Like Fred Weasley for example."

I hummed a joking agreement before shooting a knowing glare. "I thought you liked him-"

"Yeah, well he's with Angelina now so I guess not." She bit back, groaning at her uncooperative mask.

After a few laughs and chatter, she had managed to properly snap it across her back of her head. I was suddenly being pulled into a chain of elbows and I notice that Celeste had taken Marion and I into a lock. "Let's go."

________________________________________

I was gonna put Alana's dress at the top but then I'm like naw lets just put in her mask. Also, tysm for 11k! That's insane considering my writing sucks and I've only rewritten 'till this chapter.