nineteen ; new years party

Christmas passed by fast. Presents, butterbeer, all sorts of normal and uneventful things. It was now New Years Eve and all the remaining students at Hogwarts were invited to an outdoor firework bash. It mostly consisted of Slytherins, a few Ravenclaws and Gryffindors, and two Hufflepuffs. "They won't be letting us have Firewhiskey? That's bs." I say to my dorm mates who are currently changing.

    "They think we'll get 'out of hand'" Zabini laughs.

All of the Slytherins are wearing the uniforms without the robes, and made it look crazy. Some had fading charms in their hair to temporarily make it green, some had face-paint. I'm not that type of person so I just unbuttoned my shirt at the top and let my tie hang loose around my collar. "Flint what are you doing?" I ask confused as to why he's tying his tie... Around his head.

    "I'm going crazy this year." He says still trying to keep it in place.

Nothing else but that simple answer. "Because of your new snogging buddy?"

    "Yes Malfoy." Flint replies as he turns around; his tie firmly in place.

I look at Zabini and we snort at him. We turn our attention to the excited screams of Slytherins outside our dorm.

    "You ready?" I hear a familiar voice.

        "Yeah, let's go." Another voice comes by but it's female like. Blanchard.

I decide to let my jealousy get the better of me and turn to Zabini and Flint. "Let's follow the rest." They surprisingly agree without any question, and my statements were right. I see Pucey and Blanchard leave the common room with her friends. I'm hoping they don't notice us following but Flint made that impossible as he calls out for Reeve. She turns around and greets him by jumping in his arms. That caught the attention of Pace and Blanchard. She looks at me, but then is interrupted by Pucey kissing her cheek. She giggles in surprise and turns to peck him on the lips softly. I form a fist in my pocket, but decide to forget about it for now.

The professors went all out for this one.

The medium sized tent outside on the fields reminded me of the ones used at the Quidditch World Cup. As I entered with Zabini and Flint, everyone was already there. The tent ceiling was enchanted just like in the Great Hall; instead it showed infinite fireworks the size of my palm. The professors weren't supervising, they had a meeting. The walls were dark blue and a disco-ball reflected several shades of colours around the room. There were glass tables in every corner and I could spot a Ravenclaw and a Hufflepuff snogging. Bloody hell I wish I could have unseen that.

Rumours started to spread overtime that someone put a charm on the Firewhiskey to make it look like butterbeer. My friends and I gladly took a cup and made our way to three armchairs. "Watch out, snogging buddy coming over." I nudge my head towards Marion Reeve heading this way. She didn't seem like herself, she mustn't have known about the charm. She quickly made her way to Flint and sat on his lap crossing her legs. "Hey Reeve." She turns my way, still not wiping the drunk smirk off her face. "Did you know about the Firewhiskey charm?" I say looking at Flint who has his head in his palms.

    "What charm?" Knowing Reeve she snapped out of it quickly.

"They put a charm on the Firewhiskey to make it seem like butterbeer, just incase the professors came in."

    She quickly stands up; damn that wore off fast. She surely didn't take more than a few sips. "Oh mother trucker." She mumbled under her breath. She ran to what seemed like Blanchard who's lost her boyfriend. She looked more intoxicated than ever. She must've fallen for it.

    "Damn you Malfoy." Flint says lowered in his seat, looking like a pouty two year old.

From what I could make out from the other side was that Blanchard was too drunk to care about what she was saying. Reeve eventually gave up but grabbed her arm before she went out to dance. They had a 'friendly' argument before what seemed as if Blanchard convinced her to drink it. Reeve surprisingly liked it as her eyes lit up and she took another cup. I laughed silently. I always knew Blanchard had a persuasive side. They stopped and Blanchard found me watching her. She winked at me and brought out her finger gesturing me to come over. Should I do it? She doesn't even know what she's doing. I started walking over when she was interrupted by Pucey asking her to dance; she then suddenly forgot about me. Why does he show up at these moments.