twenty - two ; valentine's day betrayal

A month passed and I haven't talked to Draco. Which sometimes I felt grateful for, but at the same time it felt as if a part of my life was taken from me.

It was Valentines Day today and so Adrian invited me to go to Hogsmeade. I couldn't possibly worry about Draco when I had an amazing boyfriend. Right?

We walked hand in hand to The Three Broomsticks and talked over butterbeer, but I was thinking that it got a bit boring. He noticed and told me to just go with him as he took my hand. And so I agreed.

He took me to the shrieking shack and it wasn't as haunting as it was daytime. "Adrian what are we doing he-" I was interrupted as he crashed his lips on mine so forcefully. We've never kissed like this, and I didn't think I was ready. But I let him lead for this time. We snogged as I felt myself being lifted on a dresser. He started to kiss down my neck and I let out a soft moan. Wait- what is he doing?!

He started unbuttoning my shirt and I panicked. I wasn't ready for any of this. "Adrian stop." I said as he kissed down my chest. "Adrian!"

    "C'mon Blanchard. I was interested in you in the beginning, now I'm interested in more." He tried to open my legs but I denied it. "You've been a naughty girl Alana. I've been saving this moment." I struggled because he was strong.

"Stop!" But it did no good. He tore my shirt off and threw it on the ground.

"What happened to you Adrian?" I said as I tried to fight him.

    "What happened to you? Why can't you play as well as you did at the bash?"

"I was drunk Adrian!" I pleaded. He successfully pried open my legs and started touching my thighs, slowly making his way up. I continued to fight it but instead I went too far and he slapped me hard. I could feel the side of my face burning red, and I could feel blood trickle from a cut. I turn to him with tears balling out. He suddenly pushed himself against me, making me un-able to move. I pleaded, but my voice didn't work. "P-please..." I whisper hoping he heard it.

    "STUPEFY!" Suddenly his weight was lifted off me and I hear the footsteps of someone in boots. "Alana!" She shrieks realizing it's me.

I look up slowly, my hair didn't help as it was scattered and stuck to my face. "D-Drea?"

    She pulls me in for a hug and turns her attention to Adrian who laid there motionless. "He'll be awake in a few hours. Let's get you out of here."

I point at what was in his hand. "C-can you hand-d me my b-b-blouse?" I stutter still shocked from what happened.

    She realizes I'm in nothing but my skinny jeans and bra and picks it up quickly, covering my shoulders with it. I had no strength to put it on even though I tried. "Here," she says covering me even more with her leather jacket as it hid my bare skin. She quickly buttoned it up a bit and led me out. I look back at Adrian and I can't bare to think of what might happen when he wakes up.

"How did you find me?" I say trying to raise my voice from the raspiness.

    Drea continued to lead me to the dungeons with her arms around my shoulder. I clung to her jacket for warmth. "I was walking by Zonko's with my date when they had to leave. I heard a scream toward the shack and that's when..." She trailed off knowing I didn't want to hear the rest.

I try to smile at what she just said but my eyes were still teary, "You had-d a date?" She nods and rolls her eyes. "W-who?" I ask looking up at her.

    "A Gryffindor; someone named Drake Thompson." I give her an 'ooh' but she ignores me. "What's the passcode?" She asks trying to change the subject.

I look up to realize that we're facing the Slytherin portrait. "P-pureblood." And the picture swings open. We find that my friends and the Quidditch team were there. Oh great.

    "Drea? What are you doing in..." Celeste starts, but that's when Drea turns me to them, I shiver clutching the jacket tighter. I look up to see everyone up from their seats. "Ally! What the hell happened to you?!" She jumps over the couch and I chuckle in hysteria. Pansy and Celeste then take me to the couch, and everyone was leaning in. Drea looked at me for approval, and I nodded. I hated keeping secrets, but I couldn't tell them myself. She then told everyone what happened and they gasped and looked at me with sympathy.

"H-he..." People turned to see that I was speaking. "He hurt me-e so b-badly." I said caressing my right cheek. It got worse, but I didn't want to go back to Madame Pomfrey. Not for the fourth time. That's when Draco kneeled down in front of me and wiped away the tears. I look up and see worry and anger in his eyes. I ignored the audience and pulled him in for a hug. He held me in his arms and I felt protected. I leaned my head on his chest and sobbed loudly.

    "Let it out Alana. It's alright." He rubs my back and I hold on tighter. I could hear my friends saying 'aww' but I didn't bother. He held me closer with every sob, and I just wanted to stay there forever; but he pulled back, still holding on to my shoulders. "I'm going to kill him. I can't believe he did this to you." He started getting up and everyone watched but I caught him by the arm, I fell on the ground in the process. My friends helped me back up and I nodded as a thank you.

"You can't do that Draco."

    "Why? He harassed you Alana! I can't let him get away with that." He turned to sit next to me, "Besides, I need to pay you back for what happened at Quidditch."

I let out a smile, but I turned serious in a matter of time, "Promise me that you won't go for him. Even if he persuades you, promise me." I didn't care how close I was, and I didn't care that all my Slytherin friends were there. He wasn't responding but he lets out a sigh. "Cross your heart?"

    He scoffs but turns to see that it was genuine. "Isn't that a bit childish?"

I raise my eyebrow.

    He exhales and turns to me again. "I cross my heart." And with that, he marks an x over the left side of his chest. We kept staring at each other, his grey eyes looked silver and twinkled from the fire. He kept looking side to side at my eyes and I found myself looking away and blushing.

    I look up to see Marion coughing purposely, "Hey guys, I think we should go to bed now, yeah Celeste?" She nudges Celeste and looks at everyone like they're dead meat. They all got the hint and nod, leaving me and Draco alone.

"Thanks again Drea." I say as she leaves the dungeons with a nod and a smile. After that, we just stayed there, staring at the crackling fireplace. The flames danced with each other so gracefully, and then I remembered the masquerade. I just realized how much I went through this year alone. Four trips to the hospital wing, parties that I barely remember, heartbreak...

    "Alana?"

I escape my gaze and turn to him, first my head, then my eyes catch his. "Yeah?"

    He grabs my hand and entwines his fingers with mine. "Please," he starts as he makes his way closer. I started breathing heavily, and slow. "I know that this is sudden, and you just got over a relationship-right?"

I nod and let out a giggle, "Me and him are so done."

    He smiles in reassurance but doesn't pull back, "Tell me that I can have one kiss. I don't want to walk away knowing that I didn't get the chance to embrace the girl I've been fighting for this year."

My hand automatically holds on to the back of his neck, "Third time's a charm right?" So then, we found our lips in contact with each other.