chapter 4

*Confusion:
A state of not being able to
think clearly or understand
something.

My eyes slowly opened and were almost blinded by the extreme brightness. Why was the room so bright?
I didn't even recall going to bed. I stretched my arms and let out a good yawn.

The bed was so comfortable I failed to get up. The white sheets were so warm and soft I wanted to go back to sleep.
White sheets? I don't own any white sheets.
Where was I?
Flashbacks of Danielle dragging me, the king and pain.

"Who exactly are you?" I heard a masculine voice say.
I quickly sat up straight to see the male figure in front of me.
His arms were folded and I could tell that he was serious.

He was all suited up and boy was I certain that all the mannequins where jealous.

His ridiculously dark hair and his ruby red eyes were just the icing on the cake and how can I forget his voice. His voice was like melted chocolate with strawberries.

The thought of him watching me as I slept was rude and creepy.

He resembled the king a little bit. He was a bit skinny but tall.
He was not like anyone I have ever encountered and I knew why...
Only the supernatural could tell. How was I able to tell what we were?

"Who... Why would... I already have a mate so I don't understand," he said pacing up and down.
I just kept quiet and ran my hand through my hair which was all messed up and I'm sure my face was as well.

So I did what I had to do or let me just say what I thought I should do. I pretended like I was about to throw up so I ran to the bathroom.

I had to freshen up and I did just that.
I then realized that I was in pyjamas.
How could someone just change me without my permission? I mean I am not a baby.

I walked back into the room and I found him still there. As soon as he saw me he laughed. It wasn't a happy laugh, it held rage.

"Oh I get it now. You are one of those girls. You want to pin your pregnancy on me. You want to run around telling people that I'm the father. How rewarding will it be to be the... How desperate,"
He said full of disgust. I could not believe him.
I opened my mouth to respond but I didn't have the energy to do so.

"You know what? You should leave this place and never come back here. Oh! Even better, go back to wherever you came from. Go and tell the witch that gave you whatever spell your using now that it definitely will not work on me,"

I remained quiet. He was confused and was as clueless as me so I could not find the energy to say anything.

A knock on the door broke the silence.
Danielle walked into the room with my bags and a few guards followed with boxes. My boxes?

"Hey there," Danielle said placing one of my bags on the bed.
"Hi, what's all this?" I said pointing at the movement of boxes into the room.
"My father thought it was safer for you to move in with us so I asked Ryan for your address and yah..."

"I can't move in,"
"She can't move in,"

"Oh shut up Alex!" Danielle said before turning to me with a smile.
"My father will explain everything to you shortly. How are you feeling today?"

"Uhm... Fine,"

"That's great. If there is anything you need, I am just four doors away. I'll send Susan to settle your things. Alex! Let's go," he didn't need to be told twice because he swiftly made his way out.

I thought if I should show her the letters, maybe she would understand them.
"Wait... I have... I have to go to work,"
I mentally pinched myself but I still had to go to work.

"Oh don't worry about that. I told Ryan that you're sick but he will be stopping by later and Allyson you have a really lovely voice," she said with a wink before closing the door behind her.

When I made the decision to move here. I knew my life was obviously going to change but I thought it was going to be a process, a long one to be precise and I was up for it.
I didn't think this process will happen overnight.

I knew my answers would be found in this very palace but how I was going to do that? I had no idea.
Now that I was in here, I was even more confused and anxious.

In just a few hours of my settlement, I managed to make the princess cry, I had to faint in front of the king and lastly I had to find my mate which is still mystery itself because I don't have the ability to identify a mate at first sight.

I took a bath and decided to wear a simple dress.
The room looked completely cluttered with my boxes so I decided to tidy up.
I was so stressed out that I settled all my clothes in the closet and made this room look like my very own in just half an hour.

I was used to doing things by myself so I didn't see the need to bother anyone.

I placed the little wooden box that I decided I will show the king when we meet later on.

I sat on the corner of the bed and began humming the song that played in most of my dreams.

"My father wants to speak with you,"
My heart jumped to the male voice.

Does he just find joy in creeping people out?
I took the box and followed him.

"Why are you following me?" He said completely annoyed.
He might be the prince, a breath taking one but he is a rude jerk.
Why was I following him?

"Where can I find the king?" I said looking straight at his crimson eyes which maid my stomach tingle.

"Oh! So now you can speak?" He said folding his arms.
My goodness! This guy is impossible.

"Just..." The door on my right opened revealing King Edmund.

"Son, Miss Warren. You may come in,"
Alexander gestured to the door and I stepped into the room.
...