Chapter 1

*Urge:
The strong feeling
that you want
to do something

Everything in Greystone is different. Very different from Aisle-View.
Greystone is bigger and more beautiful.
I have had the urge to move here ever since I knew of it's existence and I am finally here.
I always believed that I will be of purpose and content when I moved here.
Oh! And I also needed to find answers and to start a new life.

The weather was wonderful. It was humid after 10 hours of rain.

I was lucky to have found a job before moving.
It was in a new restaurant that will be officially open at 7pm today.

I walked inside and I was mesmerized. The tables were already set and I could see a few people here and there touching up.
Wow! I mouthed.

"Hello there. We don't open until 7pm," I turned to see the owner of the voice.
He was dressed formally. The one thing that grabbed my attention was his flamboyant hairstyle.
It was only then when I realized that he was waiting for me to act.

"Uhm... Hi. I'm Allyson. I am..."
Before I could finish he rolled his eyes and took a glance at his tablet.
"Why didn't you just say so in the beginning. Go and find something to to do,"He said waving his hands before walking away.
Okay?

"Don't pay him any attention. Hi, I'm Lexi and I am one of the waitresses here," She had striking short blonde hair and unlike Mr flamboyant hair, she was friendly.
But then again, I was here to work, not to make friends.

"Hey Lexi, I'm Allyson and I'm also one of the waitresses," I said with a smile.
"Are those contact lenses?" She asked starring with excitement. I get that a lot actually.
"No. All natural,"

"Look girls, do something. Don't just stand there. Find something to do," Mr flamboyant said standing in front of us.

"We did find something to do. Can't you see we're talking?"
"Huh," he stormed off and Lexi burst into laughter.

"What does he actually do?"
" Nick is a waiter as well. Mr Collins told him to make sure everything is in place and last time I checked, I'm not a 'thing' but a person"
I laughed as we walked towards the bar area.
"You know what Allyson. I have a feeling that we are going to be really good friends,"

"Absolutely," I said with a smile. I could tell that she was a very nice person.

With literally nothing to do since we had changed into out black uniforms which had the name of the restaurant printed in gold, so we impatiently waited for the opening.

Only 30 minutes remained before the official opening and we were all called because the owner wanted to say a few words.

I could see the owner, Mr Collins stressed out. The manager said something to them that made Nick panick. I guess something was wrong.

Mr Collins was a vampire and I could tell that he was a powerful one.

I knew exactly what I was getting myself into when I moved here, yes there were vampires and people with other supernatural powers in Aisle-View but their population was lower compared to here.

This is their capital in the whole region as it closer to the Lona palace... Where I will find my answers... Where I should seek my answers.

I don't know much about the royal family but I do know that they have been in power from the very start.
They are very empathetic people and excellent leaders.

Mr Collins clears his throat and we all paid attention.
"We seem to have a really big problem here. As you know we were supposed to have singer here today but unfortunately she bailed on us and the band... The band will not be able to make it in time because they were unprofessional. I can only get another band here in an hour. If any of you know anyone who can sing or play music, inform me immediately"

"The guests are arriving and I promised a live performance. I am a man of my word"

All that followed was whispering in the room among the staff.
"Wait! If I remember correctly one of you said they sang part time in a restaurant. Yes is was in one of the résumés and that was verified by a friend. Son... Alson?"
'No! No! No!:

"Allyson?" Lexi said and all eyes zoomed in her direction.
"Yes. Yes! Are you Allyson?" Mr Collins asked.
"No, she is," she said pointing at me.
'Thanks Lexi'

"Yes! Allyson. You're a saint. Are you up for it? Please be"
'No! All eyes will be on me and this place is enormous than Mr Kyles meaning more people, more eyes and more pressure'
"I'll triple your pay for today,"

I internally smiled. I don't like money... What am I saying? Money... I can sure use the money to buy a new couch.

"But I will need to go back to my apartment to get changed" I simply said. I was not going to perform like this.

"No. We don't have the time. Take her to pick whatever at Danielle's. Here are the keys. We'll just play something whilst you get ready," He ordered Lexi and she nodded her head.

"Okay sir," Lexi took my and dragged me where I assumed was Danielle's.

"I am going to help you find the perfect dress,"

"I don't know if I can do it. What if my voice doesn't sound right or I freeze? I know I can sing but what if I have a panic attack? I mean I just moved here. I don't know anyone... I can't suck but what if..."

"Shhh! Honey listen to me. You are having a panic attack right now, breath" I took slow breaths and I saw Lexi smile.
"And I know you didn't just say 'you don't know anyone', You know me, your friend remember. Now let's get you a perfect dress"

Well this will definitely be a night to remember.