1. Sign Us Up!

Click, click, click... Her ink-stained fingers raced across the typewriter's clunky keyboard, clashing with the music coming from the record player across the room, or adding to it depending on which way you looked at it.

Click, click, click... DING!

Her hand automatically shot out, as she had trained it to do, when the writing machine alerted her that she had reached the end of the line.

The end of the line... Tilda pondered this.

RIIIIING! The shrill and sudden ring of the telephone sitting at the corner of her desk startled her, snapping her from her writing trance and causing her to jump in her seat. This had happened many times before, and she resolved to move the phone across the room so it wouldn't cause her to nearly jump out of her skin every time.

She wiped her inky hands on her pants and reached over to answer the phone, adjusting her glasses on her nose. "Hello?"

"We got it!" For the second time in only a matter of seconds, she was so startled she jumped when her partner's familiar and obviously excited voice shouted in her ear from the other end of the line.

She quickly recovered, holding the receiver away from her ear. "Good Lord, Mace."

"Sorry, can you tell I'm excited?" She could see Mason's sideways grin just from hearing her tone of voice.

"The Time gig?"

"No - well yes, we got that too, but that's not why I'm calling. How's the story coming?"

She sighed. "It's coming, how well I'm not sure - yet."

"Well the photos are ready when you are."

"Brilliant, thanks. So to what do I owe this excited call?"

"We got the job with Landsat! Jerry phoned and told me we got it."

"An expedition to an uncharted island. Doesn't it sound a little suspicious to you?"

"Exactly! That's why we have to go! Come on, English. Time will always be there, but an expedition like this may not. This could be a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity."

Tilda sighed again, agreeing with her partner and seeing her point. "So when and where are we to make this rendezvous?"

"The ship is the Athena docked in Bangkok, 6 p.m."

"Brilliant. See you there and then."

"Perfect! Don't forget your notebook and pen."

"And don't you forget your camera."

Mason chuckled. "I've got a good feeling about this one, English. I mean when three sources tell you the exact same thing word-for-word you know they're lying. Something's going on here, something no one is talking about. Something's being covered up and when the secret gets out, we'll be there."

(Hello and welcome to my newest story! :) this one is in honour of my love for the wonderful Tom Hiddleston! ;) I hope you enjoyed so far and thanks so much for reading! :))