TWELVE

SHE PULLED THE CAMERA OUT OF HER BAG WHICH SHE BROUGHT WITH HER. Sabrina waited patiently for Bill to come up onto the deck with their breakfast. Harry came up, smiling at the woman with the camera. 

"Taking photos?"

"Too beautiful out here not to"

"That's nice..." Harry drifted off, standing at the edge of the boat, looking at the dingy she rode over in. 

"You've got to go paddle boating with Tonya, my condolences" She joked.

Harry stifled a chuckle, glancing at Sabrina and back at the dingy.

"If you want to you can take that to the dock, I'm not really leaving anytime soon" She shrugged as Bill came up onto the deck with two plates. 

"You're leaving already Harry?" He asked his friend, not walking to Sabrina but staying put by the stairs. 

"Don't want to be late, and you two should be able to talk and not worry about me eavesdropping" He looked at Bill and raised his eyebrows before stepping onto the dingy and untying it. 

"Bye Harry" Sabrina said simply, smiling and offering a wave as he paddled to the dock. Bill walked over and sat next to Sabrina, extending his hand with the plate. Taking it, she smiled at the man who made her feel like a schoolgirl all those years ago.

They ate in silence for a moment before Bill spoke to her. 

"So, what've you been up to these days Welsh?"

"Well, traveling a lot for work. I work for a travel magazine in London and I get paid to travel and write about sights  to see and things to do."

"Journalist" He muttered under his breath, taking a bite of his breakfast.

"Hm?" Sabrina questioned, mimicking his actions. 

"You're a journalist" He told her, clearing his throat "You did it"

She scoffed, looking at everything around her. "Why in the world would you still remember that?"

"How could I forget?"

"Cause you left the island after I found out, and you told me that we'd never see each other again. Then I told you that 'I'd be better off without ever seeing you again' then you agreed. Figured that you'd forget about me" She shrugged. 

"You think it's odd I remember what you told me you wanted to be but you don't think it's odd that you remember the exact words I used in that argument"

Sabrina scoffed again, tucking a loose strand of hair behind her ear as she turned back to face him. "I wouldn't forget the first time I've ever had my heart broken" She put a forkful of eggs into her mouth, making eye contact with him. Maybe she could make him pity her or something. 

That conversation stopped there, but Sabrina intended on bringing it up again. 

"What are you doing now days Anderson?"

"Just sailing I suppose, living in Sweden"

"Still the worlds greatest Swede twenty years later" She shook her head slightly.

He didn't know, but she remembered every detail of that summer. She couldn't forget it. She remembered wearing his knit sweaters to bed every night for three weeks. She remembered coming back and telling Tonya and Rosie and Donna only to hear that she wasn't the only girl who wore his sweaters. She remembered wishing that she could scream at him for getting Donna pregnant and she remembered being more of a father to Sophie than he ever would be.

"Should we get fishing?"

sorry for no time skip this chapter guys. sorry for sparse updates, ive been a bit busy lately my birthday  party and stuff. ALSO WE HIT 4K!!