TWO

SABRINA STOOD IN THE BATHROOM OF THEIR HOTEL ROOM, BRUSHING HER TEETH AND OBSERVING HERSELF IN THE MIRROR WHEN SHE HEARD A KNOCK ON THE DOOR. Rolling her eyes, she checked her watch and walked to the front door. Placing her hand on the handle she pressed her face to the peephole, looking through to see an anxious Donna, rocking back and forth on her heels. Chuckling slightly, she opened the door, getting shoved out of the way by her friend rushing through the doorway.

"Why are you in a hurry Juliet? Was Romeo was that bad?" Sabrina joked, mouth full of toothpaste as she headed back for the bathroom.

"Shut up Sab!" She chuckled a response, grabbing her open suitcase.

Sabrina came back out into the bedroom, "So we're leaving right now?" She asked her friend, eyebrow raised.

"Yes, please,"

"Okay, Donna," Sabrina nodded in understanding, waltzing to the luggage that rested on her bed. Part of her was doing this for Donna because, as a close friend, you should do anything for your best friend. But, Sabrina thought, would Donna ever do something like this for her? Though the occasion would be rare, running away from a hookup, would Donna give up the day in France and sacrifice part of her trip for Sabrina?

They both stood in silence, packing what little clothes they had taken out back into their suitcases.

"He was quite odd. You know how you went to the bathroom last afternoon? He told me I would be his first time. And then I said 'what?' and he was like 'oh I said it to make me look cool' " The girl made a mock English accent. "Like, why would that be cool?" She laughed lightly once again, this time she was joined by Sabrina.

"You're kidding," She chuckled in disbelief. 

"Nope, and he went off about how he knows I'm the love of his life? Like... Harry, we just met" She zipped her suitcase and placed a sunhat on her head.

"Oh no... he's one of those?"

"Yeah. I left him a note, hopefully, it'll make him feel a little bit better when he knows we're leaving the country,"

"Let's go right now,"

Donna helped Sabrina gather her things and shove them in her suitcase and backpack before they double-checked the room for anything they missed, and then they checked out. As a celebration of making it out on time, and as a time-waster before they had a ferry to catch, they treated themselves to a nice breakfast in a cafe by the water.

"If you don't mind me asking," Sabrina asked when she was finished chewing her toast "How was it? With Harry and all,"

"Oh, I don't know... it was fine. It wasn't THAT good," She gave a look to Sabrina that made her scoff slightly. "But he was adorable though. I really thought he was your type," Donna sipped her coffee as Sabrina explained.

"No, no, no. I mean, yes he was adorable but very dorky you know?" She stopped for a moment to look at people walking by the bay. "If we pass by someone who's my type I'll let you know,"

Her friend chuckled at her, then the table fell quiet and Sabrina continued to scan the bay. Her eyes fell upon a boat getting untied from the dock they were supposed to leave from. They were going to catch the boat leaving around... she checked her watch, now.

"Holy shit" She stood from the table, Donna looking surprised at her while she grabbed her wallet and flipped for twenty-dollar bills.

"What?"

"You see that boat out there, we're supposed to be on it. Now hurry up!" She threw twenty dollars on the table, not even knowing how much the meal cost in euros, grabbing her suitcase and backpack as Donna did the same. They ran out of the restaurant, bumping into locals as they repeated: "Pardon, sorry, pardon!"

They made it to where their passports were checked and the man in the booth took his time before stamping it. Once she had it stamped, her friend gave her the all-clear for her to run down the dock and maybe she could hold it up for the second half of the pair.

"Wait! Please wait! I'm supposed to be on that boat!" Sabrina shouted from the edge of the dock, waving her hands. She sighed in defeat, touching the sunglasses that rested on her head as Donna ran up and repeated what Sabrina had just done.

"We have to wait for the next ferry," Sabrina whispered to her, sighing again.

"No, we'll find a way,"