Chapter 41

I know I've been gone for a good minute, but I'm back now and were going to finish this.!!!

************************************************

I gasped as came out of the vision but then went into a coughing fit when I choked on my own spit.

My hand was still on the alphas but I jerked it away quickly. My skin was crawling and I tried my best not to shiver.

"Kat." Micha said as he came over to me, rubbing my back as I tried to take in deep breaths.

"What just happened?" he asked.

I felt just as clueless as everyone in the room. The couple was looking at me like I'd just grown another head.

"The luna... she...kissed me." I say, shaking my head.

"I did no such thing!"

Everything was jumbled up in there. I knew what I'd seen and I understood it but I couldn't make sense of how it had happened?

Was this part of being a griffin?

I groaned as my head started to pound.

What was that Sybil?

I honestly do not know.

Great help you are.

Choke on a d-

"OK!" I said a little too loudly.

I cleared my throat and took a deep steadying breath.

"I think...I'm not sure...but I have been pulled into alpha Adam's mind somehow."

I've never seen Micha's eyes so big. The alpha looked like he was having a glitch. His eyes kept on twitching and he kept opening and closing his mouth. In any other situation, I would have laughed.

"What did you see?" The luna asked. Not a hint of doubt on her face. It gave me the courage to tell my crazy story. I recounted the tale, making sure not to leave out a single detail. There could be something I missed that the alpha couple knew or could remember.

After I was done we all sat in silence for a while.

"I remember." The alpha says.

"You do?" I jump out of my chair.

"Is there anything I missed?  Anything important? "

He closed his eyes tight and thought hard before he let out a sigh and shook his head.

I plopped back into the chair.

"Are you sure? Any little thing could help." I spoke.

After a while he shook his head again.

"I only remember bits and pieces. More from before the attack and after, very little from during the attack."

I nodded as Micha squeezed my shoulder in reassurance.

"It's fine. We at least have what Kat saw to start with." Micha said.

All of a sudden the alpha started trembling. We all took a step back fearing he was having another episode. Imagine my surprise when he struggles out of the bed and onto the floor. Knees and forehead to the ground before me.

"I am so sorry my queen. W-whatever punishment you see fit, I will take but please. Spare my mate."

My jaw almost dropped in shock. What was happening?

His luna quickly got on her knees as well but she was begging for mercy for her mate.

Some part of me. Some sick, twisted part. Liked seeing them like this. Not distraught and crying but bowing. Giving me power over them. I'm sure that part is Sybil.

I crouched down before them and put a palm to each of there cheeks. I could feel the trembling.

"There's nothing to worry about. He didn't know what he was doing in the moment and all he wanted to do was protect his mate. The only ones who should be begging for mercy are those filthy vampires. And they will be. Soon."

They got up and we talked a little more about the vision before Micha and I left to let the alpha rest.

That afternoon we got all the alphas who had stayed with us together in the conference room and had a video conference with the alphas who had gone back to their respective packs.

I was nervous to tell them about my vision. I knew they would ask me how I did it. I didn't want to admit to them that I hadn't the faintest clue but I also couldn't lie about it because then it would become an expectation. They would expect me to touch people and just know things. I snorted to myself. As if. But above all they would be frightened. A leader who could touch you but once and know your history, I'd be a plague. I know some rulers wanted to be feared but I'd take love and respect over fear any day.

We called the meeting to order and started with the preliminaries. The alphas gave an update on how training was going in their packs. They had enforced tighter security and were training everybody above the age of sixteen who was willing to fight.

I was worried. Sixteen was young, but I was sixteen and I wouldn't stay out of this fight for anybody. But then again this was my fight. Not for the first time a thought crept unbidden into my mind. Maybe, if I just gave myself up...

Micha nudged me.

It was suddenly too hot to breath. I shifted uncomfortably and my nerves did not go unnoticed. Some who still doubted my right to rule or just thought I was nothing but a baby jinxed with too much power sneered.

I squared my shoulders and began the tale. As expected the room was filled with rumbling and people trying to talk over each other.

"How did you get this information?" He was monstrous thing. All thick neck and bulging muscles.

I gulped.

"I saw it with my own eyes."

Confusion.

"It was like I was drawn into his mind and was able to see wh- "

"Into his mind? Are you serious?" An old geezer asked as he laughed at me.

I felt Micha tense next to me. I clenched my jaw and kept going.

"Everything he saw, I saw as well. It was like I was him in that moment."

Some people nodded their heads curiously, other shook them in disbelief while still others,few as they were, looked at me in awe.

These are the ones I tried to appeal to. Maybe they could change everyone's mind.

"It doesn't really matter how I got the information, it matters that we have it now. I've seen their faces, I'll draw them out for everyone. We can search Alpha Adam's territory, they might have left evidence behind. We have a real place to start now."

More people nodded.

"How do we know you weren't there hm? " laughing geezer asked.

"What are you trying to imply?" Micha asked, his voice hard.

Laughing geezer shrugged.

"Maybe she was there. Maybe she's one of them."

"Oh, so I tried to kill myself last week."

"It was all staged of course. The alpha's probably already jumping around. Think about it people. A little nothing girl just happens to land in this very powerful pack, she's all weak and then boom! She's a giffin? No. You know what I think? I think she's been groomed by them vampires all her life. They planted her here, to drive us crazy with paranoia. To lead us to our deaths."

I stared at him wide eyed. His story made absolutely no sense. There were so many holes it might as well have been a sieve.

"You must be joking! Then how did I just happen to be Micha's mate? How cou- "

But even as I tried to explain myself, they were turning against me. I could see it in their eyes.

***************************************************************************

OK GOOD PEOPLE HOPE YOU ENJOYED THAT, STAY TUNED FOR MORE TO COME. COMMENT ,LIKE, FOLLOWAND SHARE I REALLY DO APPRECIATE IT.