Youth

Chapter 71

A/N - Yo I'm back with a sappy chapter! I've missed writing happy chapters :(. Enjoy!

Youth - Shawn Mendes ft. Khalid
"Pain, but I won't let it turn into, hate, no I won't let it change me. Never losing sight of the one I keep inside"

(George POV)

Reece and I had been lying down, staring into the others eyes for a few minutes. I lifted my hand up to his cheek and ran my thumb along his cheekbone.

"Is it alright if I go make us breakfast? I won't take long-" I started, but Reece interrupted me.

"No, I'll come. I'm not letting this take over my life. I'm the one that's in control of my life."

"You sure you're not pushing yourself to fast babe?" I asked.

Reece forgot everything momentarily and smiled upon hearing me call him babe. "Oh, ah, what did you- oh yeah, I'm sure."

"Good." I grinned and kissed him.

He's doing so well. He's not letting the depression, anxiety, fear or even the pain take over his life. Obviously it's not that easy and it's going to be rough from here on out, but he's got the right attitude.

We walked downstairs and into the kitchen. Reece paused when he saw a note on the counter so he could read it, but I continued and started to make us breakfast.

"Can you make something healthy-ish?" Reece asked. "It's small, but it's still a step towards taking care of myself."

I smiled at him proudly. "Of course."

As he continued to read the note I grabbed us out a bowl and put some yogurt in it, topping it with musli and berries before pouring us both a glass of orange juice. I think I hit the healthy mark pretty well. I slid Reece's bowl and glass over in front of him before sitting down next to him.

"I said healthy-ish." Reece laughed.

"Be grateful I made you anything." I laughed back.

"I'm joking, it's perfect." Reece smiled before pecking my lips.

He looked back down at his bowl and noticed the raspberry heart filled with blueberries I had made on top of his yogurt. He smiled at me as soon as he realised it wasn't a cluster of berries. I smiled back sweetly.

"What did the note say?" I asked before filling my mouth with yogurt.

"My parents got called into work for a meeting so they dropped Lexi at a friends house." Reece said.

"So we can shower together after breakfast?" I asked hopeful.

Showering with someone else is way more fun.

"Definitely." Reece smiled.

I smiled back and continued eating. Once we finished breakfast I wrapped my arms around Reece's waist from behind and awkwardly walked to the bathroom. We both stripped down and got in the shower, grateful that the water went warm instantly. Reece's expression went from happy to upset and disappointed within seconds. I followed his gaze and saw what he was looking at. A razor. My heart sank again.

"D-do you want to?" I asked hesitantly.

"No, not at the moment." Reece said, shaking his head. "I- I almost couldn't stop myself yesterday." He added almost in a whisper, a tear rolling down his guilt filled face.

"The only thing that matters is you didn't, okay?" I said as I lifted a hand to his cheek. "You need to stop focusing on the past baby, we'll only stay in the same place if you do." I continued.

Reece nodded, but the guilt was still clear on his face, his eyes drifting back to the razor. I picked it up and threw it out, walking back over to Reece.

"Thank you." He whispered, taking my face in between his hands and pressing his lips against mine softly.

I smiled against his lips before kissing him once more. When we finished showering and dressing ourselves Reece said he wanted to go somewhere.

"You sure you don't just want to stay at home for a day, just relax?" I asked concerned.

"I'm positive. I need to apologise to Blake for everything too, he'll be home yeah?" Reece asked.

"I'm sure Blake will say the same as I did, you don't need to apologise."

"No, but I want to."

"He should be home." I replied before picking up my phone and shooting him a text.

A few minutes later he texted back.

"Blake said to come over but we have to leave before five, he's going on a date with Hailey." I told Reece.

"Sweet." Reece said, his voice a little muffled from my jumper that he had just pulled over his head.

I pulled on a jacket and grabbed Reece's hand, leading him out the door. I wanted to hold him close so he felt safe and protected, but it was a little hard to do while we were walking. I had an idea though.

"Piggy back?" I asked Reece.

"I kind of feel like walking." Reece replied.

I laughed. "No, I meant you piggy back me."

"Oh," Reece joined me in a laugh. "Jump on, baby."

Reece watched me as he called me baby. He knew even after all this time, baby still makes me blush. I jumped on his back and tightly wrapped my arms and legs around him. He was holding onto my hands tightly. Any other time I would jokingly complain about me having to do all the work, but he was holding onto my hands as if they were his lifeline. I wouldn't take that away from him, I couldn't.
__________________________

A/N - Well this was quite uneventful and it's very short sorry.. At least it wasn't as sad as the rest? Anyway, I hope y'all have a great day! See you in a week! <3