"What'd he say to you?"

"That he was stupid for leaving me that way the other night, and that he was sorry... I swear I thought he meant it..." Her eyes began to tear up.

"Hey, c'mere..." I pulled her into a hug. She didn't say anything.

I was pretty mad at her, but right then, she was sloshed and she needed a hand to help her stay up. We'd been friends for too long and I felt like I had a responsibility towards her.

She looked up at me and whispered, "Thank you for always being there... Thank you so much..."

I kissed her forehead instinctively. "You're welcome."

"I should go..." She got up to leave.

"I'll drop you home." I got up. "Do you have your car?"

"You don't have to. I'll be fine."

"Shut your pie hole and gimme your keys." I held my hand out.

She handed them over to me without another word. I drove her to her house and put her to bed. She fell asleep instantly. I sighed, took off her dress and shoes and changed her into her night clothes as gently as I could without waking her, got in beside her, and pulled the sheets over us.

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

KATE'S POV.

The next morning I woke up with a killer head ache. I realised I was wearing my pyjamas. When did I change? I turned to see Matt sleeping right next to me. Shit! What happened last night? I couldn't remember a thing. Fuck! Stop drinking now, will you?

He slowly opened his eyes and looked directly at me.

"Hey..." I said softly.

"Hi..." He responded just as softly. He got up and reached for something on my bedside table. "Here's an asprin for the headache." He held out the tablet and some water. He hadn't been asleep. I could then tell from the bags under his eyes. I felt bad that I was the reason why he hadn't slept. I took the aspirin and told him, "You need to sleep. You look like crap."

"Thanks, that's just what I need..."

I took the pill along with some water and decided to take a quick nap too, hoping the headache would go away.

When I woke up and looked at the clock, I was surprised; it was almost five. I definitely felt better. Much better. Like all my energy that had been drained away had been restored while I was sleeping.

Matt was sitting on the chair at my desk, reading a random book off my shelf.

"Hey... You're still here?" I said as I got out of the bed.

"No, I'm not, you're seeing a ghost." He said, without averting his eyes from the book.

This wasn't the same Matt who was asleep with me in the morning. What the hell happened to him so suddenly!

I rolled my eyes at him and went for a shower, hoping he would have had gone by the time I was done. I had had enough drama with Alex for the entire month. I didn't need any more of it with him. But, when I came out, there he was, still reading.

"If you wanna read, go to the living room and read. There's plenty of room there. I have to change." I said, holding the towel wrapped around my body tightly.

"Not like I've never seen you naked."

My mouth fell open. I glared at him, even though he wasn't looking at me. Why is he acting so weird? UGH. I sighed, took my clothes and went to Stana's room to change.