Nothing could keep the three away from each other and that is what made their bond so special. Niklaus trusted the two the way more than he trusted his own family and loved them just like he loved his siblings. 

The three would go to any lengths to make sure of the safety of the others. They were inseparable.

⚜⚜⚜

The next morning, Isabelle was busy finishing up some of the official work because it had been long since she last took care of it. 

In the midst of all the supernatural drama and the quest for the cure, Isabelle had loosened her reigns on her businesses which further led to her having a few wrong deals and losses. 

But she was sure that they would be covered up by the end of the week.

She had officially taken residence in the Mikaelson home just as Elena had gone to live with Damon whilst Stefan had moved out and joined Isabelle and Nik at his place.

She hadn't seen Elijah around after he woke her up like he usually does. He told her that he had some errands to run which will be done by the evening and she was actually glad that she got some spare time to finish up her own work as well.

So right now, Isabelle was sitting in Elijah's study room with her laptop on her lap and a few files that she had brought from her home as Niklaus was engaged in a new painting and Kol was nowhere to be found. She presumed he was still trying to keep his distance.

Soon the hybrid sensed the presence of a certain baby vamp which made him smirk in delight.

"Now, that is a pleasant surprise." She raised her head at Niklaus' voice before her eyes darted to follow his line of sight only to find Stefan and Caroline standing by the door with uneasy expressions.

"Hey Care, what's up?" Isabelle asked casually with her usual grin making the blonde look at her in pity knowing that her smile was going to be wiped off as soon as she heard what they were there for.

"Hey, we all need to talk," Caroline said fidgeting with her fingers nervously, Isabelle furrowed her brows in confusion before her eyes saw Stefan's face. He had his lips pressed in a thin line as if he hated to do what he was about to.

"What is it?" Isabelle asked cautiously, setting her laptop aside and sitting straight to look at the two vampires who came into the room with grim expressions. Niklaus too left his paintbrush and leaned against the desk.

"It's Elena," Caroline admitted glumly as Isabelle's whole attention traveled to the blonde.

"What is it?" Niklaus asked suspiciously, making Caroline suck in a breath to ready herself for what she was about to tell the two.

"Look, last night me and Stefan were sitting together when we were talking about the changes in Elena's behavior..." Caroline said eyeing two in front of her before dropping the bomb on them.

"And?" Isabelle asked arching her eyebrow. Stefan and Caroline shared glances with each other.

"And I realized how strange it is that every time Elena is in trouble, Damon's been the magic solution. Even yesterday, when Elena was worried about Jeremy, Damon said he's fine so Elena thinks he's fine–"