Chapter 18

"Okay so I've already contacted Scott and he's already more than halfway here" Peter said placing down his phone.

"Wow that quickly? This man must love cap so much" I laughed looking out my newly fixed window.

We sat there in silence for a while waiting to hear the ring of Peter's phone.

"Did it hurt being thrown out of the window?" Peter suddenly asked.

I turned towards him with a tilted head. "How did you know I was thrown out?"

His eyes went big. And tried to say something.

"I guess word gets around then" I said laying back.

Peter picked up his phone.
"Uhh yes this is Captain America. I'm a little sick right now because of all of the....fighting...and bad guys..." Peter said trying to mimic Captain America. I had to keep my hand on my mouth to prevent myself from bursting out laughing.

"Yes, yes, thank you lieutenant" Peter hung up the phone as I began laughing.

"Pete, that was the worst impression I've ever seen" I laughed almost unable to get out a sentence.

Peter sassily exchanged his weight on his hip and grabbed my hand running out of the room.

We made it to the office and noticed Scott looking around with a bag in his hand.

Peter was about to walk towards him but I grabbed him.

"Let me go! I'll say I'm his assistant!" I whispered.

"Good idea!" Peter winked. He slowly crept behind a plant to watch.

"Scott?" I said walking up to him giving him a handshake.

"Hi! So when do I get to meet the old man." Scott said looking excitedly around not even noticing me.
"Unfortunately Mr. Rogers is very sick and needing his rest. I'll take that for you." Scott's eyes met mine and his expression changed.

"Have I seen you before?" He questioned.

I felt my stomach drop. "No sir, I'm just an assistant of Mr. Rogers" I said nervously stumbling over my words.

"Well Cap is lucky to have a pretty assistant like you, here's my number, call me when you're free!" He said strutting out of the door.

Oh if he only knew how old I was. I turned around and waved the bag towards Peter.
He gave a short smile and off we went.

We shoved on our costumes as quickly as possible.

"Am I noticeable?" I said turning around in circles. I had just finished doing makeup and my hair.

My dress was a deep red that hit the floor with an open back that was latticed down. The mask was a black studded with jewels and perfectly fit onto my face.

"Y-you look stunning" Peter said. I gave a small but meaningful smile and I blushed.

"I'm just going to say this flat out, you look hot." I said. "Wow sorry that was too upfront!" I said shaking my hands.

Peter blushed hard as he put on his matching black mask to conceal it. He smiled wildly and grabbed my hand.

"Ready to go my Princess?" Peter said looking towards me.

My Princess.

I made a portal that led us right outside of the huge mansion. Cars were beginning to pull up and many people were walking inside with masks in hands or on faces.

"Are you nervous?" I whispered to Pete as we went into the mansion towards the ball room.

"No, it's just any regular party, right?"

"Right"

"Names please." An older gentleman said.

I looked at Peter and he looked at me. I panicked and said, "Princess Aurora and Prince Phillip."

Two men suddenly opened the doors.
"Princess Aurora and Prince Phillip!" He announced as we walked down the stairs.

Everyone was staring. And by everyone I mean, Every. Single. Person.

"This was a bad idea" I said holding Peter's arm tighter.

"Shh don't worry we'll be f-fine" He said scanning the area.

"Do you see any of them?" I asked.

"We're all wearing masks" Peter stared at me like I was dumb.

I playfully rolled my eyes.

"You too look young to be around here." A man approached us.

"Oh look honey he called me young!" I lightly slapped the man's arm.

"Oh those 30's really get to you" Peter said almost robotically.

The man raised his eyebrow and walked away.

"Champagne?" The waiter said shoving a tray of drinks in our face.

"Do you have any Rosé?" I politely asked.

"As a matter of fact we do! I'll get that for you." He said strutting away.

"Rosé?" Peter said tilting his head.

"It's an acquired taste for adults like me" I said elegantly.

"You're 17" He said flatly.

"18 in a year" I winked.

A smile appeared on his face as he brought me to the dance area.

"Madame, may I have this dance?" Peter said bowing.

I smiled like an idiot and curtsied.
He gently placed his hands on my hip as I put my arms around his neck. Swaying back and forth in the dimmed lights, I rested my head on his chest. Closing my eyes I took myself back where I met Peter, how funny he was, Ned, my Mom, and May.

Everything just seemed........

So right.

___________________________________
Guess who's back back back back again gain gain!!! MEEE! Sorry I haven't been super active lately, my school started 2 weeks ago, so I wanted to get back into the groove of things, and thank you all so much for the amount of reads, votes, and comments on this story, it means so much to me!

LIKE
COMMENT
VOTE
SHARE!

~<3