Chapter 1

"Get on the ground!" Someone yelled from the living room with a thick foreign accent. "Dad?!" I screamed from the kitchen. I crouched down. "Mr. Y/LN we know you have it!" The man said. "I don't know what you're talking about." My dad said making a barrier between the front room and the kitchen.

"The files Y/FN!" The man shouted. I peaked over the side counter. Two men crowded behind the other. "W-what files" My dad stuttered. "File 767...." I turned around and hid in the cabinet being careful to not make any noise.

A gun clicked.

"I don't like repeating myself" The man said quietly.

"Go find it!" He ordered the two men. I heard them come into the office then in the kitchen wrecking everything. I held my hand on my mouth praying they would not find me.

"Found it!" One of them called from the office.

"Lying bastard!" The man screamed as he hit my dad across the face causing him to fall on the floor. I could hear sirens in the distance. The please hurry.

"You had your chances Y/FN and you used them all up. Hydra never listened to me when I told them you were incapable of these duties. You may have been born into this, but you are a disgrace." The man sneered. What is he talking about. Files? Hydra? Who are these p-

Two gunshots rang out followed by a body hitting the floor.

It was my dad.

"Hail Hydra" The man spat as they ran out the back door..........

__________________________________

"Y/N, come load your last box in the truck please!" My Mum yelled from downstairs. Sighing, I placed my picture of my best friend, Y/BFN into the box next to the picture of my dad and taped it closed.

It had been a year since his murder and still no leads on it. Despite everything we told the police, strangely, they decided to close the case. Leaving no room for justice of my father's cold blooded murder.

After my father's murder my mom and I were left alone but to my family's luck my mum was offered a great paying job as a personal scientist for Stark. So off to New York we go....yay. You could say I was excited but honestly I was not. I was not ready to leave my childhood home where so many memories were held.

But a part of me needed to leave, the memories of that fateful day were a constant reminder.

I grabbed my box and hauled it downstairs into the truck. "Mum is this really necessary to move? I mean, could you work from here?"

"I wish hun, but we were offered a new opportunity a new start, just imagine how much fun we will have in New York!" She said as she closed the back of the truck. There was a moment of silence as we looked at our empty house.

"Y/N, I know this is hard for you." She smiled. "But this is what your dad would of wanted us to do, I mean he was freak about the heat and wanting to move." She chuckled. "We are fulfilling his wish." She said as she hugged me.

"It just won't be the same."

"I know...I know...."

The plane ride was not as bad as I thought it would be. I at least slept for a bit praying the jet lag wouldn't catch up to me in New York. But I was terribly proved wrong. We ended up landing around 11:00pm, and guess which lucky person has school tomorrow. Me.

My mum ended up getting a little apartment in Queens on the 7th floor. It was a little small, but big enough for the both of us. "Oh my! Just look at this little place!" My Mum was too excited for it being 12am at this point.