Nightmare

I waited until the music started playing before I entered the room. Once the music started, the doors opened for me. I slowly walked into the room, smiling. I have been waiting for this day for so long and it is now here.

Everyone around me stared at me as I walked down the aisle. I could barely contain my excitement.

Before I stepped up to the altar, I took a deep breath. From this moment on, my life was going to be completely different.

A guy, who is I is the minister, stood in front of me, not smiling. That's weird, I thought to myself. Why isn't he smiling?

I spun around and noticed that no one in the audience was smiling either. "What's going on?" I asked, aloud. Something about this entire thing seemed off. Weddings should be a happy place. People should be smiling and crying. The groom should be up on the alter looking nervous. The groom, I thought to myself as I looked around the room. "Where is Lucifer?"

"I'm right here," Lucifer said as he walked into the room. His hair was a mess and dark circles rested under his eyes. He was dressed up in a black suit but his suit was ripped up.

"Wha-What happened to you?"

"Don't worry about it, babe. Let's just get this over with. I have more important things to attend to." Lucifer smiled.

I took a step back, shocked. "What's more important than marrying me?"

"You'll see," Lucifer winked at me and motioned for the minister to start.

Uneasy, I turned to the minister and listened to him ramble on about love and how it is a powerful thing. How we truly are one of a kind and a perfect match made in heaven.

The minister turned to me and spoke, "Raven Charity Hunter, do you-"

"It's Charity Raven Hunter," I corrected him.

The minister stood there, glaring at me. "Don't speak unless spoken to, little girl."

My mouth fell open from his response. I wanted to say something but I decided against it.

The minister, after staring at me a few seconds longer, continued. "Charity Raven Hunter," he spat. "Do you take Lucifer, King of Underworld, ruler of all that is evil, God's first Angel, as your husband?"

A smile crept up on my face, as I turned to look at Lucifer. Even in his tired looking state, he was still the most beautiful person I have ever seen. "I do."

"Lucifer, do you take Charity Raven Hunter to be your wife?"

Lucifer turned to me and nodded. "I do."

"Then by the power invested in me, I now pronounce you husband and wife." He looked at Lucifer and said, "You may now kiss your bride."

Lucifer smiled and leaned in to kiss me. The kiss wasn't as magical as the first time we kissed but it was still nice. When we pulled away, I whispered in his ear, "How about we get out of here and you show me what is so important?"

Lucifer told me to turn around so that my back was facing him. Smiling, I turned my back and waited. Around me, people started to whisper something, together but I couldn't make out what they were saying. The whispers gradually got louder and I could make out what they were saying.

"Sacrifice, Sacrifice, Sacrifice!" They all chanted.

"Sacrifice?" I repeated, confused. "Lucifer, what are they talking about?" I asked. I heard what sounded like a blade unsheathing and I quickly spun around. I screamed as Lucifer thrust the sword in my stomach.

"Why?" I cried, as he pulled the blade out. Red started to spread everywhere on my white gown. Shocked, I grabbed my stomach and fell to my knees.

"I was going to stab you in the back but you turned around too quickly, darling. It doesn't matter, though. I have been after your soul since the day your parents cut a deal with me. Now, I will finally have it and there is nothing you can do about it!"

Lucifer smiled as he raised the sword above his left shoulder. "Your time has finally come." He let out a yell, down came to the sword, and-

I screamed as I sat up in the bed. Thankful that it was nothing but a nightmare, I cried.

Lucifer instantly sat up and turned on the lamplight. "Raven, what's wrong?" He reached out to touch my shoulder and I jerked away from him.

"Don't-Don't touch me," I cried.

"What happened?" He asked as he jerked his hand back, quickly.

"You-my dream. We were at the altar. We had just said our vows. You t-told me to t-turn away from you. The audience was chanting 'sacrifice'. I heard a noise be-behind me and as I turned to face you, y-you stabbed me. You were going to stab me in the back but I caught you. And then you were going to cut off my h-head."

"Oh, Rave, that was nothing but a nightmare. I would never stab you in the back. If I was going to kill anyone, I would want to see the defeat in their eyes."

"You're not helping me!" I yelled.

"Raven, darling, it was but a dream. You are under so much pressure. With the horrible week you have had, I would be so surprised if you didn't have these kind of dreams."

"What if it's Caleb sending me a message? He did say when he branded me," I pulled up the sleeve to my top to reveal my shoulder, "that I would never be rid of him."

Lucifer laughed at me, which caused me to glare at him. "Angel, there is a reason why I keep the Ambreison Dagger down in the basement. When you stabbed an immortal with the Dagger, especially in the heart, their soul is instantly destroyed. Yes, Caleb was a demon but he was once an Angel first. When I was no longer welcomed in Heaven, Caleb decided to follow me to Hell. So, believe me when I tell you, there is no way in Hell that Caleb is still alive. In addition, we threw his body into the burning pits. It's safe to say, he is officially gone."

"But what about the-"

"The brand? Yes, it will be with you forever. However, do not let the memory of the person, who gave you that brand, bring you down. Instead, use that brand as a symbol of strength. Use it as a reminder of everything you've endured and how it has made you a stronger person. Let it give you the strength to overcome anything else life throws your way."

Nodding my head, I sighed. "I guess I am just stressed over everything I have been through. I just need some rest."

"That's right. You just need some rest. Get some sleep. We have a big day tomorrow and I need you rested. Goodnight, Raven." Lucifer smiled at me and then laid back down on the bed. Within seconds, he was fast asleep.

Shaking my head, I laid back down and watched him sleep. I don't know exactly when I, too, fell asleep but I did and I had no more bad dreams for the rest of the night.

---

(1215 words)

Started: 7-21-18

Ended: 7-30-18

Updated:  8-2-18

---

So, even though Raven is safe with Lucifer, she is not safe from nightmares.

-Do you think Lucifer is right about Raven's nightmare? Do you think it is caused by her being too stressed?

-Do you think that this dream is a warning that somethign bad is going to happen on the day of their wedding?

-What do you do after you have had a nightmare? 

---

Until next time, this is Mama Rivers saying, 'Live dangerously, my Hellions.'