Fighting Zaphara

"Raven, this is who you are going to be fighting." Lucifer pointed to Zaphara. "She is one of my most skilled fighters," Lucifer complimented.

"Dude, I am your only skilled fighter, and you know it." Zaphara punched Lucifer in the shoulder.

"That is true. Now, Raven, this training exercise is only to help you find or use the abilities that you have stored in your genetic coding." Lucifer looked over to Zaphara. "Do not hurt her. Okay? I need her in one piece."

"Yeah, whatever brother. I won't hurt her...much." Zaphara looked over at me and winked. "Besides, I'll stay away from her pretty little face as much as possible, deal?"

"Zaphara," Lucifer warned. "You will not hurt her. If you feel the urge to, please do what we talked about. Okay?"

"What do you mean, if she feels the urge to?" I asked. I am not going to fight a girl who has been trained by Lucifer if she cannot control herself.

"Zaphara is half demon, Raven. This means that once in a while, especially with her, her demon likes to show up in a place of battle. However, since this is not a real battle, her demon should be sleeping. You should be good, though. I have seen you fight and you're not threatening enough to wake her demon."

I was about to defend myself when Zaphara interrupted. "Brother, can we please get this over with?" Zaphara asked. "I actually have a date tonight and I would like to not be late."

"Fine," Lucifer snapped. "Raven, darling, if you need me, I will be up there, behind that glass, okay?" Lucifer pointed up the wall, where sure enough was a glass separating the two rooms.

"Okay," I said. As soon as I said nodded, left the room and went to the showroom.

He pressed a button that allowed us to hear him. "Okay, children. I want a nice clean fight. No cheating. Are you ready?" He looked over to me and I nodded. He looked over to Zaphara who nodded too. "Ready, set, fight!" he yelled.

I got into a fighting position and Zaphara smiled at me. "You ready Kitten?"

"Ready as I'll ever be," I mumbled.

Zaphara smiled, this time showing pointy teeth, and I gulped. Oh Lord. Did she have those when she came in?

I decided to make the first move as I charge towards her. My fist drove forward, which only hits air, as Zaphara ducks out of the way, she then reciprocated with a few blows of her own. Her fist collides with my right, the force behind it causing pain to flare, I stumble back; hissing between my teeth.

"Come on!" Lucifer yelled. "Give me a good cat fight!"

Zaphara and I looked up at Lucifer. I glance over at Zaphara who gave him the finger, I took that opportunity to strike.

I kick Zaphara in the stomach as hard as I could and she doubles over, clutching her stomach, standing over her, I then bring my elbow down into her back and down to the floor she went. "Yes!" I smiled as I look up at Lucifer. "That wasn't so-"

I didn't get to finish that sentence as a fist came flying and plows into my face. I felt and heard something crack and I cradle my nose. "Shit!" I yelled. "I think you broke my nose." At that moment, blood starts to trickle from my nose. "Fuck! You did!"

Zaphara's lips curl up into an evil smile, as I take a step forward, wiping my nose with the back of my hand, which wasn't bleeding as badly as before. I inhale deeply and close my eyes, my heart was beating erratically in my chest. Come on, Raven, you got this. Just calm down. Just breathe. My heart started to slow in pace, until going back to its normal speed.