٢

TWO; DAMAGE

"bang chan?" the shy nurse called, shivering in her spot. she hid half of her face behind a sheet of paper and looked at anything but chan.

"how is he?" chan stood up and walked over to the nurse. startled, she took a step back and tightend her grip.

"uhm, he's fine, but his head was severely injured so, uh, he'll have to stay here for at least a month before we can r-release him."

"a month?!"

she nodded, "uhm, you can't visit until next week. he needs to rest right now."

chan opened his mouth to say something but quickly shut it and sighed instead.

"i understand. thank you."

he turned around and left, cursing himself for being such a horrible brother. there was a huge scar on his chest, but that wasn't the reason it ached so much. he should've been the one to almost die, not felix.

it was already dark by the time he got out, the shining stars reminding him of his brother's beautiful freckles. he laughed at the memory of him trying to connect them with a ball pen when he was younger. felix would always cry and push him away, but he'd never stopped doing it.

he signaled for a cab to take him home, remembering how his father's old car was busted after he worked on it all week. if it weren't for one deer in the middle of the road, they'd be home right now, drinking some tea and laughing the night away in their room.

i'm sorry, felix.

"where to?"

"...can you take me to the ocean?"

the driver turned around and gave him a look, "at this hour?"

"i want to clear my head."

he nodded, "well, if you say so. but i have to warn ya, you won't find any cabs driving around after a while."

"i know," he mumbled.

🖇

— 9:40 p.m;

i want to get to know you guys (literally 7 people lol), so i'll do a q&a thing at the end of each chapter. you don't have to answer though!!

Q: stray kids bias?
A: han jisung.

Q: stray kids bias? A: han jisung

he's so cute :( 💘