Honey sweet

*abuse references all the way through and homophobic comments in this chapter but not until near the end*
Lou's POV
I smiled at her, her dreamy eyes getting lost in thought. I wondered what thoughts traced her brain. "I should have stopped myself. I should have thought about what kind of position you were in. I was thinking about myself. What I wanted. I'm sorry Lou" now it was her turn to cry.

I shook my head at her "I wanted this too, don't blame yourself, it was both of us, we're not sober. I get it we barely know each other." I told her. She sniffled. "Let's get going shall we, it's one o'clock in the morning" I nodded and started my car up and started to drive.

"To your house then? To get your stuff? I'll come in with you so that he doesn't hurt you again?" She asked, her hair all over the place and eyes tipsy. I nodded, taking a deep breath. She got the bottle of vodka and started drinking it again. "Don't worry I'm a mature drunk, you won't be able to tell, I'll still be aware of my surroundings" she told me trying to put on a I'm-drunk-but-acting-like-I'm-not voice she burped and laughed, since I was the more sober one here, I sped up a bit, reaching my house in the next 10 minutes.

I tried to open my door as quietly as I could but Johnathan instantly yelled "is that you Lou? You better get your ass in here and explain where you've been for the past 10 hours and a half" I rolled my eyes at him and motioned for Debbie to come in.

Debbie's POV

I couldn't keep my anger in from him and I stormed in, vodka bottle in my hand. "She's been getting the fuck away from you. You abusive piece of shit! You've been hurting her! She's been wanting to leave with the kids but she's so scared of what you'll do to them." I turned to Lou and said "Lou go get some stuff for you and the kids and bring them down, don't worry about me I've been through worse people than him" she nodded and ran upstairs.

That's when I realised I always carried my handgun on me. I pulled it out of my pants and pointed it at him. "I swear to god after we've finished here, we're going to call the police so you better be ready for your ass to be put in jail. I got my phone and started to dial 911 and began to call them.

"Hello what's your emergency" the woman on the end of the phone asked. "Hi I need the police to come to 275 Westbrook Street to arrest someone who is abusive, I'm a former police officer so I currently have the gun I owned pointed at him To make sure he doesn't get away" I panicked and heard footsteps coming down the stairs.

"Okay, we're going to dispatch a car out have you got the victim with you?" She replied. "Yeah, she and her 2 kids are here with me" I told her calmly and the man who I think is called Johnathan began to move. "You better stay right where you are" I told him and hung up the phone to the police.

"Shut up faggot. I know who you are. You stupid criminal slut" he yelled

"Mommy what's a faggot? What's a slut mommy?" Her smallest son asked. "Don't listen to him baby, he's making up words"

"Oh what you're gonna start using homophobic slurs against me now? At least I'm not an abusive piece of shit like you!" I yelled and heard police sirens in the distance. I grabbed hold of one of her sons who didn't seem much older than the one that spoke and picked him up. I mouthed "go, get out of here" I motioned to the police that he was in here and he tried to run but I fired the gun at his foot and he fell to the floor. "Stupid faggot cunt! This is all your fault!" He screamed in pain. "I'm arresting you on suspicion of abuse anything you say or do may harm your defence in court" They handcuffed him and took him out to put him in the back of their car.

"When you're stable enough to come down I'd like you both to come give a statement" she left us in tears in the pouring rain as I pulled Lou in for hug. As much as I'd known her for less than 24 hours, I wanted to know some more.

{okay so this is a bit of a long chapter but I guess that makes up for the length of chapter 1&2}