Found

Albert was kissing me. And the worst part was... I was kissing back. He gave me the same feeling that Race would give me when we kissed.

This is a problem.

It took everything in me to push him away.

"Albert no. I can't do this." I say walking away.

"Why not?"

"Because I just broke up with Race I can't have feelings for you!"

"Ouch. Was the kiss what ruined it?" He teased. I turn to him and glare at him.

"Look I just broke up with Race cause my brother is an asswipe and wouldn't let me see him anymore. Don't make this harder for me." I say.

"I'm not making it harder f-"

"Don't even try to defend yourself when you kiss me out of nowhere." I cut him off. It doesn't matter how good the kiss was. It's not helping out the problem with Race.

"Do you know how long I've wanted to do that? Do you know how hard it was for me to keep the feelings i had for you to myself?" Albert ask getting mad. "I have loved you for so long Kenny. And Race never had you on the back of his mind until that night you two had on that rooftop. I DESERVE YOU MORE THAN HE DOES!"

"WELL BACKSTABBING YOUR BEST FRIEND ISN'T GONNA HELP YOU!" I yell back. He stayed silent for a fee seconds.

"Kenny tell me the truth, do you have any feelins for me? Any at all?" He ask calmly. I mean... I can't say i have no feelings for him. He is really cute. But besides that he really does care for me. But do i wanna risk things by admitting that?

"...I guess." I confess avoiding eye contact with him.

"So what's up with you? Why are you actin like this."

"Because!" I answer quickly. "I don't wanna break up with my boyfriend and kiss his best friend 2 seconds after!" I yell. Albert stayed silent.

"Fine. I'll leave you alone then." He gave in. Leave me alone? No that's not what I want!

He started to walk to the door to leave the lodging house. I began to panic. I didn't want him to leave. Out of no where i felt my legs run to Albert. I quickly turn him around and pressed my lips against his. He kissed back and tangled his fingers in my hair.

God i'm gonna hate myself tomorrow.

JoJo POV

I was walking around Manhattan looking for Race and couldn't find him anywhere. For someone who barely eats this is too much exercise. Eventually i found him at a stand buying more cigars. He stops when he turns and sees me.

"What do you want?" He ask pushing past me.

"Race you can't be mad at me I didn't do anythin!" I argue.

"You knew that he liked her and you kept it from me." He says continuing to walk away as I speed walk after him.

"Race i couldn't tell you because then you would've got mad at Albert most likely in front of Kenny so I was helping you too!" I try my best to make him less mad at me.

"JoJo!" Race yells quickly turning back to me. "Kenny and Albert are probably together right now doing god knows what. Wanna know why? Cause she's s single. Probably broke up with me to be with Albert." He says angrily as he bites his cigar.

"Race he didn't do this to hurt you, that's why he kept it from you. He thought it would be best for you and Kenny. I thought so too." I trial off to myself. Race laughs frustrated.

"JoJo i don't think you understand I LOST Kenny over this, she doesn't love me anymore!" He yells angrily.

"RACE SHE NEVER SAID SHE DIDN'T LOVE YOU STOP MAKING IT A BIG DEAL!" I argue.

"I'M NOT MAKIN IT A BIG DEAL!"

"Race you can't even say that you ain't makin it a big deal when you punched your best friend over it."

He stayed silent and continued to walk in the opposite direction of the lodging house.

"Race, come back!" I yell.

"Where is he goin?" A voice ask.

The voice caused both me and Race to pause and turn around. A boy in red was standing with his hands in his pockets. He looked our age. Who is this?

"Umm... sir are you lost?" I ask slowly.

"Hey Sly." Race mumbles. Race knows this guy?

"What's got your panties in a twist Race?" The boy ask.

"Kenny." Race answers greeting the boy by shaking his hand. "This is my friend JoJo." Race introduces me.

"Nice to meet you." I shake his hand forcing a small smile on my face. Still confused to who this is.

"I'm a Queens newsie. I've known Race and Kenny." He says. Funny cause Race has never spoken about this kid.

"May I ask what happened to your face?" Sly ask pointing to Race. Race touches the bruise then looked at his hand checking for blood. He hasn't seen his swollen eye yet.

"Just a little argument." Race says.

"Do I wanna ask if it's about Kenny?" Sly questions.

Race just nodded.

"Don't tell me she did that to you. That's a pretty nasty bruise."

"No it wasn't her, it was my friend." Race answers quickly.

"The fight was... about Kenny." I explain.

"Well I take it that it doesn't help with your relationship." Sly says to Race.

"Yea she uh... broke up with me." Race scratches his head. Sly furrows his eyebrows.

"Woah i'm sorry it didn't work out." He says. "But uh... i have something for her. I was gonna give it to her but..." Sly reaches into his pockets.

He pulled out a ring. Kenny's ring!

"I think it's best if you give this to her." He says holding out the ring. Race just swapped gaze with the ring and Sly.

"That's sweet of you but Kenny is the last person I wanna see right now." Race says.

"Race take it. You have to talk to Kenny. Maybe this will make you win her over." I say. Race stood silent. He was thinking about what to do.

He let out a sigh as he took the ring from Sly.

"Thanks man." Race says shaking Sly's hand.

"Don't worry about it. But uh, just some advice." Sly starts. He leans into Race's ear. "I would win Kenny back before Katie finds out."

Race let's out a chuckle. "Got it."

Me and Race start to walk back to the lodging house. Let's hope we don't walk in on anything.