Who is This?

We were sitting at Jacobi's deli. This is where we hang out together besides the lodging house. As we were sitting Jacobi, the owner, came out with a few glasses of water. That's why we come here. He gives us free clean water. Sometimes he gives us food.

"And a glass of wutah for you, and one for you, and you, and, oh- who's the big spenda who ordered the seltza?" Jacobi asked.

Albert sighs, "Ova here." He says with his index finga in the air. No one understands why Albert only drinks seltza when we can't even get wutah.

"That will be 2 cents." Jacobi says taking the seltza off the tray.

"ah, 2 cents for a glass a seltza? Just gimme a wutah." Albert says grouchy. Albert really is a diva.

"How did i ever see that coming?" Jacobi says sarcastically but remains with his accent as he hand Albert an extra glass of wutah. Jacobi walked back in the kitchen. That made me giggle a little bit.

"I say we launched our strike in the most auspicious manna." Davey says with a grin. All the newsies look at him like he got 5 heads. What the hell is an "auspicious"?

"I don't know about that. But we sure scared the ba jeebahs outta Weasel!" Mush says. We all laugh.

"Oh and did ya see the Delancy's the didn't know which way was up!" Crutchie says cheerfully as we all agree in laughter.

"So what's next?" Jack asked as he stood up on the table so all the newsies could hear him.

"Well now you have to spread the word. Let the rest of the city's newsies know about the strike." David says.

"You heard the man, let's go out and spread the word." Jack says

"I'll take Harlem!" Mush says

"I got midtown." Race says.

"I got the Bronx!" JoJo says.

"And i got the Bowery!" Buttons says.

"Alright, Specs you take queens. Tommy Boy. You take the East Side. And who wants Brooklyn?" Jack ask. Everyone turns their backs or puts their head down. Everyone was scared of Brooklyn cause of the leader of the Brooklyn newsies, Spot Conlon, the most famous newsie in all of New York. My head perked up once I heard Brooklyn. I look up at Jack as the biggest smile grows on my face. Jack notices my smiling and immediately says "no."

"Oh c'mon! Pleeeaaassseee?" I ask jumping up and down.

"There is no way in hell i'm lettin you go to Brooklyn." Jack says. All of the newsies slowly look up at me like i was crazy.

"But Jack, we had this conversation last year! You said when i turn 15, which i did, i was allowed to go to Brooklyn." I say

"Wait, you want to go to Brooklyn?" Romeo ask.

"Yes! I can talk them into joining easily." I say.

"You do realize it's Spot Conlon's Territory right?" Finch ask. "Yeah." All the other newsies say.

"Oh please. That guy is shorter then a dwarf." I say seriously. All the newsies gasp in my response. I didn't really know that much about Spot Conlon besides the fact that he is super short, but super powerful and feared by the newsies. I never understood why. He can't be that powerful.