All I want is to mourn

The impact did come, but it wasn't the final one. Impossibly, I survived. And it didn't even hurt (that much) so I decided to open my eyes and take a look around. Before I get the chance though my eye catches the sight of a small, maybe 12-year-old boy. He has curly brown hair and is a little chubby. He stares at me like I'm a evil monster who was going to eat him up, and I immediately felt sympathy towards him.

"Hey," I say shuffling closer. I hold out my hand and motion him to shake it. He hesitates, but takes my hand,

"I'm Chuck," he says, visibly relaxing,

"I'm (Y/n)," I say, also smiling,

"So, (Y/n), do you know where we are?" he says a bit jokingly, but somber's and stare ar me with sad eyes, "Or who I am?"

"Well, I know you're Chuck," I say, ruffling his hair. He chuckles and a smile spread across my face. I've known this boy for two minutes and already he felt like a brother.

"As to where we are..." I say, looking around. I feel the colour visibly drain from my face as I realize where we are. I'm in a cage-like container, filled with a bunch of crates, supplies and one person, one newbie... I was in the Box, again...

I guessed that Chuck was on his way to the glade, although something felt, off. The box was an week early, and Chuck isn't exactly a girl. It could be possible that he'll be our first guy, but it still wouldn't explain why the box was early.

My mind searched for a possible explanation, when it jumped to an absolutely different conclusion. What if there was an second glade, one with just boys? Maybe the same maze, same glade out of a male's point of view? It was a dodgy theory, but definitely possible. But either way, I'm not supposed to be here. When I jumped, I must have moved through a teleportation device of some sort (because there isn't a latch in the walls suggesting a possible entrance) and ended up here, in a box, heading to my glade or one other than my own. I glanced at Chuck, who was staring at me, waiting for me to answer.

I sigh and rub the back of my neck in thought. "So this will take a while but..." I say and continue explaining everything. I told him about my lack in memory, the glade, the maze, the grievers, the beetle blades, the everything else. At most of my stories he laughed, but above all he seemed terrified. I came in the maze when I was 14 and cried for two straight nights, I don't know how a 12-year-old with horrid expectations is going to survive.

"Hey, don't be afraid," I say, trying to sound comforting, but because my uncomfortableness I fail miserably. Damn emotions.

Suddenly I remember the bear Sonya gave me and reach into my pocket.

"Here," I say, handing him the bear.

"What's this?" he asks, his voice filled with curiosity and suspicion, but he takes the bear never the less.

"Remember I told you that I come from a different glade?" I ask with a smile.

He nods and returns the smile,

"Yess. And I remember you telling me to never tell anyone, because it would 'Scare the bloody hell out of them," the last part he replies in my voice, mimicking my strange accent. It sounds british, but there was a hint of something that I don't quite understand.

"Yeah," I say, trying to revert to my previous topic, "My best friend, Sonya, from my glade gave it to my for good luck,"

"Then why are you giving it to me?"
"She said if I don't need the luck, I should give it to someone who does," I say, leaving out the part where I was an egomaniac.

"She sounds brave," says Chuck, then turns to me with a confused expression written on his face, "Why didn't she come with you?"

"Well, don't you just ask a lot of bloody questions," I say, ruffling his hair again,