xviii. the return

Start from the beginning

Harry's body went straight up into the air as Aurora's vision flew from blurry to normal, when she opened her eyes she saw that Harry was being trapped by a guardian angel statue, he struggled to move as he tried to get down.

It seemed as though Aurora was in a state of shock as she looked back at Cedric's body.

The chubby man dumped the body wrapped into the cauldron, then threw a bone ontop of it.

"Pure blood of the enemy." he reached up slicing across Harry's bicep as he let out a loud scream, trying to struggle away.

Aurora barely understood half of the words he was saying as she squinted her eyes looking around for her wand. Her entire body felt frozen.

"The Dark lord shall rise again!" stepping out of the way, the cauldron set on fire.

And that was just the beginning. The cauldron then exploded a moment later as a figure came bursting out of the cauldron.

Whiter than a skull, livid scarlet eyes, a long black drape shielding his body as he floated down onto the ground, his hands roamed through his head getting used to his new form. And then his eyes flicked open.

It was the Dark lord and he had risen again.

And for the first time in her life, Aurora didn't know what to do. Moving away she crouched behind one of the graves ignoring her beating heart.

"My wand. .wormtail."

As she moved back, her hand lands on a branch that appeared to be curved. She picks it up realizing it was her wand.

"Hold our your arm. Your other arm wormtail!"

And like that the Death Eater mark casted into the dark sky, and then suddenly masked figures begun looming around the graveyard.

Aurora jumped as a death eater landed directly in front of her.

Presuming the masked feminine figure was about to grab her and bring her over towards the dark lord. She went to stand up only for the women, to walk right past her. She let out a shaky breath as she saw a piece of blonde hair sticking out of the women's hair and instantly she knew exactly who that was.

Narcissa.

"Welcome my friends, thirteen years it's been and yet here you stand before me as if it was only yesterday. I confess myself disappointed. Not one of you tried to find me." she heard him rip of the masks of the death eaters, " Not even you, Lucius."

"But lord if I detected any sign, whisper of your whereabouts-"

"There were signs my slippery friend and more than whispers."

"I assure you my lord. I have never renounced the old ways."

"Such a handsome boy." he sneered as he reached his foot out pushing Cedric's head to the side. Aurora's hand covered her mouth in anger.

"Don't touch him!" Harry screams rawly.

"Harry. I almost forget you were there. Standing on the bones of my father. I'd introduce you but word has it you almost as famous as I am these days. How lives have fed your legend, Harry. Should I reveal what really happened that night thirteen years ago? Should I dive out how I truly lost my powers? It was love, you see when sweet Lily Potter gave her life for her son, she provided the ultimate protection. I could not touch you. She got help of a powerful witch perhaps more powerful than myself. Which to my knowledge of the day, no longer existed. A different type of magic, older magic. But now things have changed!"