xviii. the return

Start from the beginning

"S-Stay there. I'll be right back."

"Well I can't move so. . .yeah."

Cedric ran until she couldn't see him anymore and for a second she thought he had left until he came running back with someone else.

And it was Harry.

"Harry-" His eyes landed on her.

Harry reached up as he pulled the knot out of the rope. Cedric reached out as she landed in his arms. She noticed a trail of blood along both of their faces as he set her down a few feet away from the cauldron.

The moment her two feet landed on the ground Harry had her wrapped in his arms. The only thing that mattered in the moment was the other. Knowing Harry was standing in front of her made her feel somewhat safe.

"You're safe." she vaguely heard him mumble, as he pulled away. "Y-You're okay. You've been missing since yesterday evening. I thought you were dead. What happened?"

"I don't know. I can't remember anything."

"Are you alright? Why are any of us here?" Cedric questions.

Aurora, sprints over towards Luke as she pulls the brown haired boy into her lap. He was breathing, just still unconscious. That was most likely from the exhaustion from the full moon.

She pulls his unconscious heavy body in behind one of the graves.

She notices a dark blonde haired man walked towards them holding something wrapped in a blanket in his arms, looking like an alien whispering something to the man holding him.

She stands up and goes behind Harry.

Harry suddenly screams out in pain as he let go of Aurora's hand and fell down onto the ground.

" Who are you? What do you want?" Cedric pointed his wand up defending himself as the person whispered something to the man.

Aurora leans down cupping Harry's face as the pain evident on the boy's face was terrifying.

Unknown to her Harry felt the pain ease.

" Avada kedavra!"

No one could have expected what happened next. Flashes of green flooded her side vision and then Cedric dropped to the ground, dead.

Cedric Diggory was dead.

The proud Hufflepuff who had put his name into the goblet of Fire not expecting the outcome. Cedric, who begged to have a rematch back in third year when Harry fell off his broom. Cedric Diggory the kind Hufflepuff who every girl had a crush on due to his personality. Cedric Diggory who was just an eighteen year old whose life was supposed to be ahead of him.

Aurora couldn't tear her eyes away from his eyes that stopped seeing.

An eighteen year old boy was dead.

Voldemort had returned.

Harry and Aurora were about to die.