"You should have, once you have the qualifications we wouldn't have turned you down." Really? "We have man black lawyers and paralegals working with us, even black partners. My family isn't racist, and neither am I." Looking in his eyes as he said those words, I wanted to believe him. 

   Maybe he was telling the truth. He did put me in his expensive car and brought me to the hospital. A racist would have probably left me there to suffer in pain or worst. 

  I bent my head to looked at my hands, not sure what to say.

  The room was silent for a while until he broke it by asking, "Would you like a job?"

   I lifted my head immediately, "Yes!" I responded quickly. A job with Wayland's Law would put my career exactly where I wanted it.

  He chuckled, "Then you have one."

  "Just like that?" I asked, too shocked to really believe what was happening. Did this mean I didn't need to blackmail him then?

   "Just like that." He replied with a smile. "I might need to see a few documents first though."

   A smile lit up my face. I slowly started getting up from the couch.

  "Where are you going?" his eyebrows raised.

  "I'm going for my documents; it won't take long." I started walking slowly past him.

  "You're eager." He noticed.

  "Yea, I've been home for five months doing nothing, of course, I'm eager." I laughed as I walked over to the stairs. "I'll be right back."

   Ten minutes later, I was sitting back in my previous seat while he read through my files. I looked over at him watching to see if he'll show any emotions, but he didn't, his face remained straight and emotionless.

  He lifted his head, "So you're Jamaican."

  "Born and raised," I answered proudly.

 "It makes sense I didn't understand what you were saying when we first meet. I actually thought you were African."

  I laughed, "Really, not all black persons are Africans." 

  "Well, you just proved me wrong." He said with a chuckle. "Nice, I've never been there- to Jamaica, I mean."

  I frowned, shocked, "No way, then what are you doing with your billions. You need to visit Jamaica at least once."

  He chuckled, "Okay, I will put it on my to-do list."

  "Good."

  I smiled. If there was one thing, I enjoyed doing it was talking about my beautiful island.

  He lifted the file in his hands, "You're more than qualified to work at Wayland's. Your grades are amazing."

   "I am Jamaican," I said in a matter-of-fact voice.

  "I can see that."

  I wasn't bragging or anything, but when I moved over here, I was thirteen. The work they gave me here was worked that I did two years ago, which made me ahead of my class. But since I had to do ESL, I had to repeat eighth grade. I wasn't happy about it since it made me the oldest in class, it also makes it look like I repeated because I was dumb, when I was, in fact, the smartest. That was one of the few things I hated about America, their Education system being backwards.

  "You can start working as soon as you get better."

  "Thank you so much. This means a lot to me." I say honestly. Having a job meant that I could finally start helping with the bills around the house and paying back my student loans.

  "You're welcome, Tatiana."

  I smiled at the way he called my name. No one's ever pronounced it that way before.

  "Are you going to assign me to a lawyer immediately?" I was curious since he just accepts me just like that. If he were the boss most likely, he wouldn't know much about hiring and that stuff.

  "You're already assigned."

  I frowned not understanding fully, "What do you mean?"

  "Well, my paralegal quit yesterday, so I'm giving you her job. You'll work with me." He said it so calm like there wasn't anything to think about.

  "Why did she quit?"

  "Oh, she said it was too much work." He said casually.

   I shook my head, "Don't worry. I'm not afraid of work." I had grown up watching my parents working hard, dealing with feisty high school children, harassment and all other things. I wasn't afraid to work to the top until I get what I wanted. My parents were a perfect example.

  "I believe you." he took out his phone and typed something then look up back at me. "I have to go now, but I want you to get these files copied so when I call you to start working you have everything ready."

  I nodded. As soon as he walked out those doors, I was going to start doing as he requested. I couldn't wait to tell my parents about my new job.

  He still from the couch so I stand from mine. He reached out and his hands for a handshake, so I place my hands in his and shake. "Welcome to Wayland's Law."

  He let go of my hands and started making his way out the door.

  When I heard his car start, I jumped up in joy.

   Getting a job at Wayland's Law meant I was one step closer to my dream of being a Lawyer, and it was all because of Whyatt Wayland, the billionaire who hit me off my bicycle.