Escape Part IV

It was like being under water.

How the blood pooled to the back of Reese's throat. His vision fading to black. The flicker of his heart, pounding with the fear of dying.

There was little he could do at this point. He could only listen as Barnaby's sorrowful voice began to mesh with the sound of white noise and ringing in his ears.

All of that stopped the moment he felt something being forced down his throat.

He barely opened his eyes and caught glimpses of three people. He couldn't move, his head hurt like hell, his chest felt heavy, and both of his legs were numb. He knew he could be thankful for only one thing at this point. He was still alive.

A phone rang.
●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●

"My god... what the heck is taking those two so long?"

Caylem sighed as he started on another box. Labeling this one 'kitchen stuff'. He had nearly finished packing everything in the bedroom, kitchen and bathroom. He needed to start packing all of his important documents regarding the shop. He hated the true thought of leaving this shop behind, but for his own safety he needed to leave this forsaken city in the dust.

It became painfully obvious that Caylem didn't exactly have much to pack. He hardly owned anything but a few beloved items per each room, aside from the essentials, obviously.

"JEEZE.. I NEED TO GO SHOPPING MORE......"

Caylem laughed to himself. He decided to take a break and wait on Barnaby and Reese to return with another box full of Reese's belongings.

He couldn't believe he and Reese were truly together after all this time. Well, ... Barnaby included, but Caylem knew that it would just be Reese and himself when they moved to Belfast together.

".. I guess I could go grab a coffee.. it is getting late and I could use a caffeine boost right now..."

Caylem moped. He grabbed his favorite black hoodie, well, Reese's black hoodie. Yes, he's one of those lovey dovey people that steal clothes from their significant other, because of the scent on the clothing. How cheesy could he possibly get?

"... I miss you.."

Caylem mumbled to himself as he gently sniffed the collar of the hoodie.

" ... To coffee!"

He shouted as he grabbed his phone, keys and wallet. Stepping his way down to the shop front.
He glanced back at all of the delicate bouquets he carefully pieced together. He was truly going to miss this place, he thought as he headed out.

Locking the shop, he started toward his favorite café.

The sound of police sirens instantly welcomed him as he exited the shop and made his way down the sidewalk, toward the café.

"...I guess there was an accident? Maybe I should call Reese and find out if they're ok.."

Caylem reached for his phone, continuing to walk up the street, selecting Reese's number. He tapped the call button, one ring... two rings... three rings... four rings... then an automated voicemail system.

Caylem tapped 'end call'. Figuring that Reese was only busy, and that he would call him back when he had the chance. He tried not to worry. Fighting everything in himself not to repeatedly call him. He didn't want to be the overly clingy type of boyfriend, Reese deserved some freedom. The least Caylem could do was cut him some slack, at least, as far as phone calls and texts go.
●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●

It was dark. The air was still. The room seemed barren and the only light came from a window in front of him. The paint on the wall was chipped.. reminding him of his childhood room. Just, a lot more empty than he could remember.

He stood up and walked to the window. Peering out, he saw the tree he fell out of when he was five. A familiar pain returning to his right arm. He looked down at the arm in question. Nothing broken. But it felt that way.

"Where... am I...?"

Reese asked himself, but his words echoed in the cold, dark space that he was now captive by.

"Am I...home?"

"Why am I ..here?"

"Why here?..."

The male had rest his head upon the window pane. He didn't understand why he was here of all places. He hated this house. He hated the memories he had within it. He hated the cold, empty feeling in his heart. He hated the reminder of the place where he lost everything. All of his happiness- drained from him, leaving him this lifeless shell.

No trace of emotion could be found on his face as he gazed out the window.

To think that this had a deeper meaning meant nerve racking trauma bubbling back up from his past. Like a hungry wolf on the end of a short chain. This trauma had awaken inside of Reese. His heart raced. His blood boiled. He was anything BUT sad. He was pissed. He wanted the answers to everything. He wanted to know why he was left all alone in the world. No one to come home to.

Then to remember the day it all fell apart.

The day he lost the only two people he loved with everything he had in him. His parents. No matter how harsh they were to him, still found refuge in their embrace. Their "welcome home." The scent of his mother's cooking. The sound of his father's favorite comfy rocking chair creaking from the sitting room as he watched his sports, beer in hand.

Reese couldn't help but smile.

The happiness was short lived, sitting there at the window. Staring out at that tree again. It made him think of his friends and how they used to play there. They all had so much fun, laughing and climbing. Running around the yard together.

"I miss them.."

Reese muttered to himself.

"Barns... Caylem.."

And it was just like that, a shooting pain pulled him out of the doorway. Reese coughed and inhaled the stagnant air of the house. He coughed again. Blood sputtering from his mouth.

Unfamiliar voices filled the room.
"He's back!"
A deep voice..
"Hello? Can you hear me?"
A soft voice greeted him

Reese opened his eyes to an extremely bright light. He couldn't move. His head hurt like hell. His body felt like it had gotten hit by a truck.

"Where am I...?"

----------------------------------------

Hey all.
I'm reaching a point to where I am no longer feeling motivated to continue with Blurred Lines. HOWEVER... updates will continue. They will just be condensed back down to 1000 characters or more depending on certain chapters.
Hoping this doesn't upset anyone too much.

Sorry for the long wait. Just been going through a lot lately.

Be well, Lovelies. Have a Happy Hallows Eve. 🎃