Prologue

Destruction in its most harrowing nature; there was something so enticing about the thrill that caught their attention. In the cusp of greatness, a shadow was casted on the opposing side that offered a dangerous outcome. It was questionable whether they intended to hurt anyone, but one thing was for certain: the gruesome acts were committed by a heinous group that would do anything to reach their ultimate goal of desolation of the enemy.
Aldwyn didn't know the full story of how the evil came to be, but he did reject the sympathy from those closest to him. Every moment of the worst morning in his history seemed to be beneath him.
After a glimpse into what could be, Aldwyn was infatuated with what could have been. What could have been if his mother stayed. What could have been if his past was known.
The lovely lady Elaine, who helped Aldwyn discover the path to freedom whilst baring a child herself, was sceptical of his past. As she guided him from Biddenden to Chichester, Elaine inquired about the reasons for his departure at the young age of eight, but to no avail. Aldwyn was secretive to even the most helpful of souls.
In the hopeful environment that was the citadel, Aldwyn befriended a knight named Sir Warrick. In the midst of an outside mutiny, he was hopeful that it wouldn't last. He assured Aldwyn that he would be out of danger in Sussex. Meanwhile, he escorted the boy to his father, the duke of Sussex.
The men whom Aldwyn spoke negatively of to his father displayed a sort of crest consisting of a red background with a white horse. His father, Duke Alfred, had much to question. Without a doubt, the duke hid the secrets under his tongue, only to never be heard of again. In the moment of crisis, however, that is another story.

A/N: thank you to everyone who is reading. I'm currently revamping the story. I do plan on traditionally publishing this one day, but I will publish it here for the time being.