Chapter 4

}Veronica's POV{

It was 6 now and i looked in the mirror one last time, making sure i looked perfect. I had to look good for the cameras...and for Toni a little...a lot...OK it was my main worry. I heard my bedroom door open behind my and my father stood there and smiled at me.

"Mija you look amazing as ever" he chuckled and walked up behind me and rested his hands on my shoulders and i rolled my eyes.

"Dad, what did i say about knocking before you enter?" I rose my brow and tried to look fierce but we both ended up with a grin on our face.

"I didn't catch you in the act did I so there no problem" he gave my shoulders a squeeze and i rolled my eyes playfully and turned.

"Dad leave i need to make sure i am completely ready" i say urgently and he looked at me knowingly. "What?" I spoke slowly and suspiciously.

"You have someone to impress at the game?" He asked and my breath caught in my throat and i coughed hard bur shook my head.

"No! No its just an important game" i said but i could tell he read through the lies.

"Im deffinatly telling your mum about this when she gets home" he laughed and i gasped.

"No not mum! She will interogate me like a hostage! She will literally lock me in a room" i whined. Whenever my mum found out about crushes she was a nightmare, she felt like she had to know every detail about them and how we met. And if i was actually dating someone that was even worse. Asking my boyfriends to come to tea before was always a hassle. To start they were assholes so my parents ended up hating them and secondly my mum wouldn't stop asking them questions about her bit of their life. Never again have i asked a significant other to tea with them. They were always great about it though, they didn't want me with bad people but they were pretty relaxed about me dating.

"Well you shouldn't worry since you are only checking the mirror 3 times in a row because its a special game" and now i realised i fell into his trap.

"I uh , yes youre right but i don't need you telling fibs!" I shouted as he went to the door.

"No need to worry. Just make sure whoever you like treats you well" he said as he left the room and I just smiled to myself , deep in thought about that soft pink hair and the smooth tan skin. I close my eyes and imagine her holding me close.

However Cheryl stole that from me! She had to go and make up her own stupid rules so she got to show off with having Toni by her side. She hated the thought of it, it was unfair. I was so close to being able to spend more time with Toni but no Cheryl had to ruin it.

What i hated most was the fact that poor Toni was stuck and she couldn't escape because she was trying to be respectful and kind. She doesn't want Cheryl hurt even if it means letting her kiss her in front of the team. That's why i thought she was so amazing. Because she really just cared dearly. I was about to leave when my phone buzzed. I pulled it out and opened the message. It was an unknown number but when i read the message a huge smile formed on my lips. Maybe it wouldn't be so bad after all.

'Hey V, i know this is super weird but i got your number from Jughead who got it from Betty. Promise im not a stalker. I was just wondering if you wanted me to pick you up and take you to the game- Toni x'

My fingers started tapping a reply immediately. I couldnt believe Toni had messaged me, and I got to go to the game with her, it just lightened up my day.

'Hey TT, id absolutely love that, if you could get here in 10 mins? that be amazing- V xx'

I put my phone down to the side and turned some music on and started dancing around and singing along to the song, laughing and grinning. This year of school could turn out to be really amazing. But  I had to remember my pact to myself, I cant fall down for her, I cant let myself get hurt again. That would break me too much, I-. I heard my phone buzz and quickly went to it to read Toni's reply.

'Sure thing V, see you in 10 xx -TT'

I smirked and added her number to my contacts then turned off my music and adjusted my cheer outfit. I head out my room and went to the front door "I'm off Dad!" I call out and he comes out from his room.

"Wait let me get your driver" he went to text someone but I shook my head.

"No, No daddy its ok I have someone taking me there" I smiled and tried to hide my excitement.

"Hmm is this your mystery crush?" he grinned and I bit my lip and tried to hide my burning smile.

"I don't have a mystery crush thank you very much and I'm off!" I ran through the door quickly trying to escape the questions.

"Ask them for dinner some time!" he shouted but I ignored him and rushed down the steps to the front door. I went to the front door to head outside and wait but as I opened the door Toni stood there in her baisic football kit without all her armour and padding. She looked at me and just stood there gazing.

"Toni, youre early" I chuckled and she snapped back into it.

"Hi, uh yes I just wanted to get a little early because its meant to rain and I wanted to try and miss as much of it as I can" she laughed a little. Im sure she was nervous. I ooked up at the dark sky and I groaned a little.

"Thats gonna be fun to do cheer in" I bit my lip and she steps back and I come out.

"I brought my bike, sorry. I should've brought my pickup" she went to her bike and I did to. I hadn't been on a bike before. I was slightly worried but also excited, it was exhilarating. What didnt help is the fact it started to spit with rain.  "Shit" she looked at me then suddenly slid her varsity jacket off and handed it over to me. "Youre going to freeze in only that outfit" I took the jacket quickly, I felt bad that she would get soaked but as I slid it on and felt the warmth and comfort of the jacket that feeling instantly went. It felt so good around me and the scent, it had Tonis perfume consuming it. She slid on the bike as the rain got heavier. I slid on behind her and wrapped my arms around her waist and shuffled up. She suddenly drove off and I held on tighter but tried not to squeeze to hard and hurt her. The ride was so much fun even when it was hammering down with rain. She eventually pulled up at school and jumped off. She offered her hand out to me and I took it as I got off. I landed slightly offish but her hands went to my waist to hold me up. We looked at each other for a moment and one of my hands went to her cheek and she went a little red. We both leant in a little and we were so close but some of Toni's team came out and ruined the moment.

"Topaz come on we-" the girl stopped when she saw us and gulped "Oh I , sorry I didnt mean to uh.." Toni gave her a death glare and she ran off.  She looked at me awkwardly and I chewed my bottom lip.

"We better head in" she looked disapointed but nodded and head in with me holding onto her arm. Did we just almost kiss? What would've happened if her teammate didn't come in? that didnt matter right now. I had to prepare for the wrath of Cheryl.