xvi. incapable of human emotions?

Start from the beginning

"That's a lie, you were just hoping that he would find a way to somehow sneak something into Enzo's food." Ron mumbled.

Hermione gave him a look of confusion. Harry kicks Ron. Hermione eyes narrow.

But before anyone could say anything else the doors of the Great Hall burst open making all of the students in the hall turn towards Aurora who came sprinting down as fast as a dog.

"Move. Move out of the way!" pushing past the sixth years who moved, she stops when coming to their desk.

"A maze. Harry, a maze."

Harry, Ron and Hermione all exchanged a look.

"What?"

"A Maze. The next task is a maze." she grins swiftly. Her hair was tied back into a plait which was rather unusual but Harry found himself wanting to tell her how pretty it looked.

"Miss Black if you are not studying then I must ask you to leave." Professor Binn bellowed down from the very front of the great hall.

Aurora raised a hand of silence to him. "Uh calm down love."

"How did you figure that out?" Hermione questioned with widened eyes.

"So on my way back from the detention with detention with Sprout, you know how we don't get along?" everyone nodded to this, "I saw Professor GonGon and Dumbledore looking rather worried in the corridor and you know what that means," Aurora picked up Harry's divination copy and slams it against the table, "Trouble!"

" Or anything else. " Fred and George chimed coming in on the conversation.

Harry was barely listening as the small pants came out of her breath. A black curl hung above her eyebrow, as he watched her lips move, she looked adorable, standing there speaking like that wearing her quidditch jumper.

" So obviously I did the obvious."

Harry, Ron and Hermione all pulled a face confused at her words.

" So obviously I decided to follow." she rolled her eyes as if they were stupid, " I heard them talking about safety cautions for the maze and then I put three and four together and got eleven."

" What?" asked Fred, George, Hermione, Ron and Harry in sync.

" Isn't it obvious, I went down towards the Quidditch pitch to see if that's where they were gonna put the maze and guess what?" she urged.

" What?"

" Isn't it obvious? They were setting up a bunch of them overnight bushes that grow like twenty feet tall overnight!"

" Aurora. How could you have possibly gotten all of that from seeing Dumbledore and McGonagall looking worried?" Ron interrupted.

It was times like this Ron, Hermione and Harry could just stare and listen to her for hours. Her enthusiasm, her grins, winks, laughter, it was what she was, them qualities made her the person she was today.