Part Two

h.s.
It feels useless. They're all the same, skinny, tall, models or theatre actresses. They want to be singers and performers. Interested in music, movies and Vogue. Sometimes I wish they send in other girls profiles. Maybe then I'll write a real song, I'm getting sick and tired of the same cookie cutter pop star songs; and so is everyone.
I start to tear all the ones that say beach, make up and shopping. Going mad because I'm running out of time. Ten days to get to know each other before going out, it's part of the steps of having a girlfriend. I've gotten used to them. I groan in frustration walking away from the desk needing to take a breath. I shake my head looking at the dark gray wall in front of me.
"I have to finish this today." I say loud and determined to find the right girl. I walk back to the desk and take a hand full of papers. I read their hobbies:
"Ice skating" -out.
"Cooking and baking" -stay
"Fashion"
"Fashion"
"Fashion" -out -out -"Out!" I shout.
"Reading" -stay
"Photography" -stay
"Writing" -stay
A sudden need to trash everyone else comes over me. I look back at my desk in which only four papers lay. I signal at them an whisper "One of you unlucky ladies are going to be stuck with me for 99 days."
And with that. I walk away of the room. I begin to feel trapped again. I need a walk, Autumn views are the best. So full of colors and yet minimalistic. Details on every bit of it. The early smells of cinnamon and caramel. The laughter of the kids while I pass near a park, transports me to old memories of my mother and sister. Games we used to play. I decide to walk into the park, the temperature going down making visible my breathing. I sit on swing looking at my surroundings.
A small child caught my attention, his small frame ran around with his short arms spread wide like he was an airplane, his legs were at an inhuman speed and his smile took my breath away. I wish I could smile like that. Simple, honest and carefree. But I lost who I was on the way here.
I get up and start walking back to my flat when I see a tree let go of a big amount of leaves. The sight was beautiful and magical. As I enter the door I go back to the papers to read the four profiles.
I read the first one not feeling really interested and I don't even finish the second one before trow it way. I jumped the 3rd one and start reading the fourth one but something caught my eye.
Education: High School Diploma and current college student; concentration on English Literature and Creative Writing. That's when I knew I found her.